Who has experience swapping from old bosh injectors to the new gen3

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Like title states. Post up folks!

Ill be installing a little engine soon and have laying around a set of gen3 injectors I want to swap in place of the stock 19lbs.

The previous injectors before gen3 normally sprayed jet streams of fuel depicted by how many holes the injector has determined how many streams. The streams would be solid and atomized while the gen3 only spray atomized. The benefits here are debatable, but for a n/a maximizing atomization at injection inception only improves the engines performance. Ive been told boosted applications benifit from the jet streams.... Dont hold me to that

OLD H2S

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Well if you dig around I got a injector thread. Went from little yellow fat barrel Bosch type 19# with 200k on them to cheap Chinese 19# Lucas skinny type and they worked well at first and at the low end were much smoother but blasting them on the track felt like they were running out of flow and 100 mph was all I could get. So next was a set of rebuilt Bosch skinny type 19# from OSTiger which are running great in the car now. Next up are a set of new Ford latest gen skinny Bosch type 6 hole in the pintle 24# that Horsepower By Herman wants me to try but that will be awhile as you know from my build thread. Here is the link
http://www.blueovalindustries.com/en8810kit.html

OP
OP
96blak54

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
I understand the harness plug is different for the mating injector. I also realize the adapter plugs available for plug and play. But what if I want to splice in the proper pig tail harness plug for the injector. Are the pins the same location?

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
Pin locations should be the same, and as long as they are high impedance (~14ohm) then you can get new connectors with crimp terminals and put the correct connectors for the new injectors on your old style harness. Ill be doing this also, just not at this moment.

OP
OP
96blak54

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Most likely start up with the old ones first.....just to say I win, ...uhm I mean it starts.