Who has taken out their smog/emissions and/or AC?

ryclef331

Reaction score
147354129.jpg
there is a diagram of the connector for the EGR. Thats what you need to do to "trick" the EGR. This works for some and not so well for others.

hissedoff

Reaction score
I used a 351 fuel pump block off plate to cover my EGR holes after I deleted it. Just make sure to keep the gasket to place in between. It bolted right up, and cost like $10. As far as the EGR tube on your headers, I would use a 5/8" brass plumbing nut, they are at Home Depot and run under $3. It threads right on with a little effort if your threads are not too bad. Also, I would recommend removing the charcoal canister and the vacuum and vapor lines, since they are no longer necessary and have a tendency to put off fumes later down the road. I still have the A/C, but removing it can shave about 55lbs. off the front end, possibly more, and cleans up the engine bay nicely.

brujones

Reaction score
yeah don't waste your money on the egr eliminator from fordfuelinjection.com b/c it doesn't work on the sn95's computer. I've been there!

billmacomber1987

Reaction score
How do you just get rid of the smog pump without a idler pulley and get a shorter belt it looks like a strait shot from the alternator to the water pump so the tensioner wouldn’t even touch the belt to keep it tight im confused on how the belt would go. And how do you make the egr trick harness can any one do a write up on what it consists of

billmacomber1987

Reaction score
does any one have a picture of there belt routing if you just take the smog pump out and don’t use a delete pulley I don’t see how it would work or maybe do a paint drawling

Monsterbishi

Reaction score
This is my one, bypassing the AC and the smog pump, it's a 81.5" belt, or in metric world over here a 6pk2070, you can see the path I've taken in red on the factory diagram on the bottom right of the pic. It was indeed a tight fit to get it on, ended up putting it on all the other pulleys bar the crank, then turning the crank by hand to get it to pull itself into place on it, once it did that, the tensioner ended up not far from where it was with the original belt.

beltpath.jpg

Downshift

Reaction score
What all is involved in removing the smog pump? How much weight is that? Do you just take the pump out, buy and route the belt differently and plug the hole on the mid pipe or is there something else im missing? :hammer:

Dark-5.0

Reaction score
Why is your A/C R12 anyways. All 94's should have R134a. Before yanking it, just look into having it recharged. I got rid of all my emissions and a/c stuff. I hated the clutter of it all but now I plan on rerouting the a/c this winter. Low mounting it and running all the lines along the oil pan and up the fire wall.

I'll see if I can find some good pics or just snap a few of the motor now even though theres no upper on it.

Jeremy

OP
OP
Matt94GT

Matt94GT

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I though 94 and previous were R12....? They didnt switch to R134a untill late 94+ I thought?

ps: welcome back, havent seen u on here for a while! missed that ass :p

chickendreamer

Reaction score
Here is better pic of eliminating the smog pump without buying the delete kit. You do have to buy a new belt but is less expensive than the smog pump delete kit.

[attachment deleted by admin] SORRY HAD TO CLEAR ROOM

Downshift

Reaction score
I know how to just skip it with buying a shorter belt I was talking about what you needed to do beyond that and capping the line to the exhaust off. When you take the pump itself out is there anything I should know....that type of thing. Because I want to whole thing out not just skip it with the belt.

94TURBO5 0

Reaction score
4f.jpg

It takes out a lot of hose clutter and make plug changes easier. :dancing6:

You need no pulley delete kits unless you want the extra bling.

1. Cap off the pipe in the center of the H-pipe.
2. Cap off the back of your heads. ( you can remove the pipe and cut off the end caps. Then reverse them.
3. Cap off the egr bung on the header.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
albertmarshall7752

Members online