Who here is running an x pipe with m80s?

07GtS197

Reaction score
Im thinking about swapping my flows for m80s but Im not 100 percent sold yet. I like the fact that theyre straight throughts and flow wayyy better than my og 40s (ironic huh) but I think Id miss the rumble of the flows. Anyone have a video of this setup? There isnt that many on youtube. I actually run m80s on my 3v but exhausts on the newer cars sound so different than the sn95s, even when you mid mount them. Also would there be any real gains from going to a straight through muffler from a chambered muffler?

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
I didn't have M80's but I&nbsp;did have&nbsp;Pypes Violators. They are a flow through muffler too. And I had a Bassani catted x for a mid pipe. <br>I ran them for a few years and they were plenty loud. Stupid loud with a o/r H. But I definately wouldn't recomend running them without cats.<br>They were not to raspy on my 5.0 with cats.&nbsp;

OP
OP
07GtS197

07GtS197

Reaction score
My point on not many videos of this combo lol but thanks for the replies. I didnt know the violators were straight throughs, Ill have to look into them now too. And Im afraid of how loud the slps would be lol. The nice thing about m80s is that yes they are loud but theyre really tame. I saw a video where this guy has an x pipe and m80s dumped and its still tame. It idles so quiet you can actually talk while standing behind the car lol.

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
My point on not many videos of this combo lol but thanks for the replies. I didnt know the violators were straight throughs, Ill have to look into them now too. And Im afraid of how loud the slps would be lol. The nice thing about m80s is that yes they are loud but theyre really tame. I saw a video where this guy has an x pipe and m80s dumped and its still tame. It idles so quiet you can actually talk while standing behind the car lol.

The violators are a full size muffler so there's plenty of packing to absorb some sound. the only time they were loud was at WOT.
Unless your running catless, then they're loud all the time.
I have a pic of a prybar running through the muffler but my job has photobucket blocked I can't upload the pic.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Mines loud but not deafening. Inside car is very reasonable while driving.
https://vimeo.com/151159119

That's my only interior vid and it was with windows down.

Windows up its very reasonable. I don't have an issue with my daughter riding in there and I'm very protective of her being around loud stuff. She loves riding in it and the way it sounds actually!!!! Lol

Keep in mind my side exhaust makes it way louder than if it was rear exit. I have half the exhaust pipe of your car

This message courtesy of crapatalk!

EVILSN

Reaction score
I have the full pypebomb catback with SLP tips and a bbk o/r x. Sounds evil. Real sharp chop to it.

Sent from my iPhone using My dick

98snakehorse

Reaction score
Mac longtubes - Off road xpipe with m80s she's noisy buy not too bad. Mine are dumped

[video=youtube;F_jQrTEuKmo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_jQrTEuKmo[/video]

[video=youtube;ZtrnjNCmLZ0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtrnjNCmLZ0[/video]

OP
OP
07GtS197

07GtS197

Reaction score
Thanks for all the replies guys, and yes Im catless and it seems like the m80s are more tame than the violators and have more tone honestly. Plus the m80s are cheap so Ill probably go that route lol.

96laseredcobra

Reaction score
I'm patiently waiting for aero turbines as we speak. Plenty of YouTube vid available. My late younger brother wanted me to get them so here they come.

sent while thinking of mods for my 4.6s using tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81

Members online