who likes carbon fibe

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
anyone here that is into carbon fiber materials to do thier own parts? I have started to do my own and know of 2 other that are doing it and countelss others that would love to get a piece done with out the mess. I am curious if we could ring in a CF supplier for the forum for discounts and help? I have dealth with one group that was fairly priced, quick o ship and had everthing and its all been good gear.

also if there are any people wanting smaller pieces done like clock pods, pillars and stuff PM me and we can probably work it out.

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
You know you will have to just cast a mold of the gas tank cover, we all need that :)

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
anyone insterested in getting a carbon fiber supplier on the forum?

seems like more and more of us are doing out own projects and it would be nice to ask a pro or have a quality place to get materials. Anyone interested? We all know i have time...

Thomas_W

Reaction score
I do alot of composite work (200-300yds of material and 15-20gallons of epoxy) a year, so count me in.

The few carbon projects i have thought of doing are:
headlight/core support cover
shifter bezel
door cups
A pillars
4" cowl hood

ive also got 2 3D printers and a CNC couter so i can retain factory style mounts with some extra work

rz5.0

Legend
Reaction score
I do alot of composite work (200-300yds of material and 15-20gallons of epoxy) a year, so count me in.

The few carbon projects i have thought of doing are:
headlight/core support cover
shifter bezel
door cups
A pillars
4" cowl hood

ive also got 2 3D printers and a CNC couter so i can retain factory style mounts with some extra work
It's be interested in a few of those. If they are cheaper than carbondriven

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Come along Thomas, get to work lol

You could also use the printers to possibly simplify some of the more complex parts to make for easier casting/cleaner lines. Like the radiator cover perhaps. (not saying the current cover is complex, but it could be smoothed like some of the aftermarket pieces to make a good clean plug)

Thomas_W

Reaction score
Come along Thomas, get to work lol

You could also use the printers to possibly simplify some of the more complex parts to make for easier casting/cleaner lines. Like the radiator cover perhaps. (not saying the current cover is complex, but it could be smoothed like some of the aftermarket pieces to make a good clean plug)

Yeap. Exactly. The radiator cover will just be a plug i make from scratch. It'll be completely smoothed and cover the headlight gaps as well.

Im also planning on some carbon intercooler ducts once the twin turbo setup goes on to force the air from the bumper through the intercooler.

Thomas_W

Reaction score
It's be interested in a few of those. If they are cheaper than carbondriven

Honestly there prices arent that bad. The cowl hood definitely wouldnt be cheaper than theirs. The other stuff likely wouldnt be either. I didnt even know that place existed. For what they want for some of their stuff, id have atleast that in molds.

Do their interior parts not have factory mounting provisions?

rz5.0

Legend
Reaction score
Not looking for a cowl.. More of interior pieces.. Not sure on mounting provision.. When i was looking to buy they were out of stock..

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Honestly there prices arent that bad. The cowl hood definitely wouldnt be cheaper than theirs. The other stuff likely wouldnt be either. I didnt even know that place existed. For what they want for some of their stuff, id have atleast that in molds.

Do their interior parts not have factory mounting provisions?

Carbon Driven's interior parts are top notch. In some parts the mounting is better than factory like the door pull.
I bought some parts from Special Carbon, then I found Carbon Driven and the quality is night and day.

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I'd be interested in a gas tank cover and/or the rad support cover if it can reach me for a decent price.
I'd also be interested in interior pieces.

Carbon driven seems like they have nice stuff, but rather expensive (even before exchange and shipping). Plus the guy seems really busy and not great service because of that.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
The only issue Carbon Driven has is product inventory. He has started shifting business towards the S550's (and who could blame him) but does make a run of SN Parts here and there. I started collecting the interior pieces last summer and just got the last part I was waiting for last week. If there is something you want that is out of stock you can sign up for an email notification. I did that for the convertible door pulls since they haven't been in stock in almost a year. Finally got that email a few weeks ago.

Now if one of you makes a killer rad cover that goes all the way across...my money will come your way :)

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
one nice thing he has that a saw everone loved last week which teh carbonr fibe bezels for what I thought was a fair price. I am not looking to pushanyone out but this place is getting big enogh this. I just want the materieals chepaer the fully dine parts efreek

Thomas_W

Reaction score
one nice thing he has that a saw everone loved last week which teh carbonr fibe bezels for what I thought was a fair price. I am not looking to pushanyone out but this place is getting big enogh this. I just want the materieals chepaer the fully dine parts efreek

I get all of my carbon fiber from germany. Www.r-g.de

even with shipping, it normally works out cheaper than US sources.

With the amount of materials i go through, im not even close to what a distributor would require for a commercial discount.

Witzy0070

Reaction score
A gas tank cover with a diffuser is the only part I'd consider buying. I don't know, I think most of it's tacky. Starting to get really over played.

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Lol, I am thinking of casting molds for the fenders to make some fiber glass parts for weight savings and so I can just whip up a new fender if I happen to smack into something racing lol

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Share some links and let me know next time you get some. I need some resin and might order it pretty soon. So far I got a loarg resin kit and then with a thicker resin for the last top layer is my dream

Anyone that wants a carbon fib?

rz5.0

Legend
Reaction score
A gas tank cover with a diffuser is the only part I'd consider buying. I don't know, I think most of it's tacky. Starting to get really over played.
I think the fake stuff is over done.. I plan on getting some for my black car

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online