Who Makes The Best Cams for the 4v motors ?

IMPORTKILLER

Reaction score
OK. its time to get serious about upping the horsepower. I have heard several different opinions and different ranges in
horsepower to be gained from the cams. What is the max horsepower I can gain on cams alone ? Using stock 4v heads.
I have heard some say as much as 100 hp!?!?!?!?!?! That sounds great but somehow I think that is not a real dependable
number. Now I am less concerned with driveability and just more concerned about all out horsepower. Who makes em ?
How much? and what type of tunning or programmer will I need. Please help. All opinions and advice is :santa_afro: appreciated.

Magic

Reaction score
I would take a look at Crower or SHM cams.

What mods are done to the car currently?

OP
OP
I

IMPORTKILLER

Reaction score
Basicly, all the common bolt ons pullies,bbk cold air intake, Diablosport custom burn dyno tuned,BBK fulllength headers,x-pipe,SLP loudmouth catback,no cats,o2 elims,4:10's ,spec stage 3 clutch,03 cobra alum flywheel,t-6550,frpp alum driveshaft,b & m ripper,
bfg drag radial t/a's 315's, Steeda fulllength subframe connectors, Eibach suspension/front /rear sway bars, UPR Upper/lower with solid alum bushingsI NEED HORSEPOWER.
My dyno numbers were 342 rwhp on a Mustang Type dyno. It was good enough for 12.7's with 1.60 ,60' times @ 112 mph. Since I really dont have that much Horsepower,the power to weight ratio really works out well,with the bfg's and UPR controll ars it does not waste any time spinning ,It hooks and goes. That is the best asset with my current set up. It starts to drop off in 4th but I really can fly out of the hole.

uncltrvlnmatt

Post Whore
Reaction score
I personally like Comp Cams. A set of good performance cams are going to run you $1200-$1400 if not more.

94gtstang50

Reaction score
Sorry to go off subject, but that is a sick ass time, you are n/a?

Magic

Reaction score
uncltrvlnmatt said:
I personally like Comp Cams. A set of good performance cams are going to run you $1200-$1400 if not more.

Keep in mind the need to upgrade the valve springs with most and many of these cam profiles.

OP
OP
I

IMPORTKILLER

Reaction score
yeah,its all natural. No power adders. It really just gets off the line Unusually well. With the new UPR upper +lower controll arms it puts every ounce of energy right to the ground and the bfg 's hold on well. I drop the clutch @ 4200 rpm and it sticks !!!!

94gtstang50

Reaction score
Jesus, I need to look at yours mods then b/c I though for some stupid reason that these cars needed a blower to break into the 12's, and I really didn't want to put one on my car due to the strain it would put on the motor since i'm over 100k.

Shifty Powers

Reaction score
cams are usually one of the last things looked at on our cars... expensive as shit.. and most say its not really worth it until your making big numbers or you go FI because the cams are actually pretty good stock...

now granted ur making some good #s.. but hopefully someone else will chime in with a better explanation.. otherwise go to svtperformance and search it...

i would for you but the damn site is down for some gay reason :mikec:

skmcobra

Reaction score
I've been down this research road already this year. Comp Cams is the only way I'd probably go. However for a mere 30-40 additional horses at an expense of over $5k if you pay someone to do all the work, it just doesn't make sense.

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
I've seen gains of 60-80 rwhp, for 1200 that's a decent return. I like the Crower profiles myself.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online