Who makes the deepest tone muffler!? Not raspy

Blueoval19

Reaction score
I have a 94 gt and looking for that deep tone exhaust that's also loud. I have the super 44s now but they could be deeper and loud. Who makes them? What about spintechs? The pro street model, are they louder than the 44s? Deeper? The super 10s sound louder at idle and deeper than the super 44s but once reeves I don't like them as uch so I'm choosing between the spintech pro street 9000 and another brand. Please help

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Slp loudmouth 1 or 2. 1 is louder 2 is still pretty loud.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
it has more to do then just the muffler. I was a little disappointed with how raspy my dynatech side exhaust was until I swapped the heads and it took care of it. After that I loved the sound.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
H-pipe or x-pipe, shorties or long tubes changes it as well. But mufflers make the biggest difference and final tone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Yupp^^ I had MAC mufflers dumped with a stock h, quiet but deep. Mac with an offroad h, loud but raspy. Mac with LT's and an offroad X, really loud and raspy. Then an H with the same setup, loud and deep. Switched to Borla stingers and this ***** is stupid loud, deep and very toned. Mufflers make the biggest difference, atleast it did for me!

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
my flowmasters had the deepest tone.. with H pipe

Her name is Jaz

Reaction score
I've had all kinds of stuff, Spintech, Flowmaster, Dynomax bullet and even Dynomax super turbos. My current Catback on my Cobra is the Pypes M80 system with resonator tips. Deep, moderately loud out the back but no rasp, no drone inside the car.
Now, personally I really like a little bit of drone inside but that's me.. this sound currently is still with stock tubular manifolds and factory catted h pipe. I currently have a set of Mac long tube headers and VRS X pipe that I'm dying to put on. I imagine the noise level and the rasp will go up but we'll see. I do, however think the resonator tips will help. If you're have no idea what resonator tips are like... Well, they're like a spiral core baffle in a set of motorcycle pipes.. Personally Spintech has my favorite sound but even they may sound different with these tips.
I like the system, I don't doubt that it flows pretty good since it's a straight through system. My one and only gripe is that Pypes is made in China. Having said that, the system is pretty nice and it was on the car when I bought it so it stays.... For now... Atleast. I have other places I'd rather spend my money.

B.mad

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Rather just show you. But shorty headers are deeper than LT, h-pipe is deeper than X-Pipe, and mufflers are all over the place, because some are "tuned". SLP's are going to be raspy. Here is my combo.

[video=youtube_share;LWHMoyplVts]https://youtu.be/LWHMoyplVts[/video]

BigBore96

Reaction score
One thing to keep in mind as well. 5.0s are deeper than a 4.6.

You might consider a prochamber if you want a deep tone. Its one 5.0 exhaust mod that often gets overlooked. My brother has one on his eaton swapped 5.0 with side exhaust magnapacks. Ill see if i can find a video.

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
One thing to keep in mind as well. 5.0s are deeper than a 4.6.

You might consider a prochamber if you want a deep tone. Its one 5.0 exhaust mod that often gets overlooked. My brother has one on his eaton swapped 5.0 with side exhaust magnapacks. Ill see if i can find a video.

+1 for the good ol Prochamber

BigBore96

Reaction score
Heres a dyno of his. Ill try and see if i have a idle video somewhere.
[video=youtube_share;zNlOxXzz_kM]https://youtu.be/zNlOxXzz_kM[/video]

Got that eaton popping out of the top middle

B.mad

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Decided to switch up my exhaust and drop the Magnapacks, in favor of the Widow Makers. On start up, you can hear the difference. It still retains its deep tone, but adds some aggressiveness to it. And its a bit louder
default_biggrin.png

[video=youtube_share;DXT7o3qmUGw]https://youtu.be/DXT7o3qmUGw[/video]
[video=youtube_share;2WmJ0Tskf7k]https://youtu.be/2WmJ0Tskf7k[/video]

98snakehorse

Reaction score
Heres my 00 built gt with a mac prochamber and mac mufflers dumped. This thing sounded way more like a pushrod ford than a modular... Very Deep

[video=youtube;GRNmHBL5ZbQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRNmHBL5ZbQ[/video]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online