Who wants to play the guess my dyno #'s game? PI intake/cams before and after...

Reaction score
Allright guys... I recently had a big install. I had my tuner perform a baseline dyno run and and then dynotune the car after the install. The following parts were installed:

PI intake and cams, Accufab 75mm t-body/plenum combo, Energy Suspension Motor Mounts, MM C/C plates, Aluminum driveshaft, BBk SFC's, MM LCA's, SCT Xcal 2

The car is finished, but I won't be able to pick it up until after work. Once I get the car, I'll try and get the dyno graphs scanned as soon as possible so I can post them here in the forum. I'm really excited about the drive home with the stang and just wanted to share the news with everyone!

OP
OP
S
Reaction score
quickstang_1994 said:
cant wait to see those numbers ive been waiting to compare them to a 99+

Well.. I didn't do the complete PI swap. I'm still running the NPI heads, so I'm not sure if it'll be quite as comparable to a 99+. But just for reference, about what kind of numbers (rwhp) are PI 4.6's putting down? I'd ASSUME somewhere in the range of 220 rwhp'ish? as opposed to 190 rwhp 'ish on a stock NPI 4.6.

OP
OP
S
Reaction score
By the way... I just want to go ahead and mention this now so someone doesn't fly off the handle and respond with "dyno #'s don't mean anything, it's ET times that matter".... they're still FUN! ;D

We all know they are "tools" for tuning.

quickstang_1994

Reaction score
sanchezcruz_20 said:
quickstang_1994 said:

Well.. I didn't do the complete PI swap. I'm still running the NPI heads, so I'm not sure if it'll be quite as comparable to a 99+. But just for reference, about what kind of numbers (rwhp) are PI 4.6's putting down? I'd ASSUME somewhere in the range of 220 rwhp'ish? as opposed to 190 rwhp 'ish on a stock NPI 4.6.

I was part of the big debate on pi vs non pi heads so your setup is what i wanted the numbers off of because if Im right your number will be right there with a pi setup or real close.

quickstang_1994

Reaction score
sanchezcruz_20 said:
By the way... I just want to go ahead and mention this now so someone doesn't fly off the handle and respond with "dyno #'s don't mean anything, it's ET times that matter".... they're still FUN! ;D

We all know they are "tools" for tuning.

very true what is the point of having power you cant use

96GTRagTop

Reaction score
Re: Who wants to play the guess my dyno #'s game? PI intake/cams before and afte

sanchezcruz_20 said:
quickstang_1994 said:

Stock 99-04 cars dyno at anywhere from 215rwhp-235rwhp. Depends tranni and weather conditions.

OP
OP
S
Reaction score
DropTopPony said:
You never gave us your before #'s..
Who is doing your tune, Don?

I'll post the before and after dyno graphs together when I pick up the car this afternoon/evening.... and yes, Don did the dynotuning , but his son Rob does most of the installations. They're both great and VERY knowledgeable. I knew I was at the right place when I pulled in and saw Rob's 95 single turbo 600+ HP vert Mustang.

Up until recently, they were located only right across town from me, but they moved their shop about 25 mins away, which at first I was upset about until I learned they would now have a dynojet in-house as opposed to using another shop's dyno for their tuning. They are really great guys to work with.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I buy my SCT stuff from Don and refer as many as i can to him, he is one of the top minds in the country when it comes to SCT and tunes...i wish he was closer or i'd have him dyno tune my car too.

Dusstbuster

Reaction score
Re: Who wants to play the guess my dyno #'s game? PI intake/cams before and afte

I'll guess your after #'s at ~ 220RWHP/270TQ

68mustang5.0

Reaction score

id say 230-235 RWHP and 275-290 RWTQ

OP
OP
S
Reaction score

Allright guys, results are in. Unfortunately, you'll all have to wait on the scanned graphs, it appears I don't have access to a scanner right at the moment (long story).

Regardless, I dynoed in with a baseline of 210/280. Not bad for a NPI eh?

After the PI intake/cams I dynoed in at 229/280 for a modest gain of 19hp peak to peak.

HOWEVER, and this is the fun part, at about 5700 rpms there is a difference of 35 hp between the baseline and post install graphs. So before the install I was making about 165 rwhp at 5700 rpms and now I'm making 200 rwhp. Though the dyno wasn't ran out to 6000rpms, the guys were telling me there would easily be a difference of about 45-50 hp from baseline to post install numbers.

Obviously the car is breathing MUCH better in the higher rpm range. Coincidentally, I lost little to no low end torque. You'll be able to see what I'm talking about when I get the graphs posted.

So, when it all comes down to it.. I'm right around a stock 99-04 gt. Damn, I should've just bought one of those to begin with!

68mustang5.0

Reaction score

wow, i was right on with the dyno numbers eh? lol

OP
OP
S
Reaction score

quickstang_1994 said:
what type of dyno was it on? Was it corrected dyno(adjust for weather)

It was a dynojet. I have no idea if it was a "corrected" dyno, though it does list the run conditions (temp, humidity, etc.)

Do you think if I took a picture of it with a digital camera it'd show up? Hmm..... I'll try it, see what it looks like and try to post it ...

OP
OP
S
Reaction score

Well... this will have to do until I get it scanned... you can kind of see the curves... Obviously the red is with the PI intake/cams

CIMG1448.jpg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ccrider

Members online

No members online now.