who would win ???

seth_96_gt

Reaction score
ok the other night a guy in a 94 gt with full exhaust wanted to race me in my 96 gt with a cai short throw shifter and stage 2 centerforce clutch o the guy also had a 125 shot of n2o but if he stayed off the bottle wat are the odds. o and i didnt get a chance to race cause the cops came otherwise i would have raced[color

Travisl1213

Reaction score
i would win..... nah if he didnt actually use the bottle then it would be close. who ever gets a better launch, and shifts faster

Spyder

Reaction score
I disagree.

Im sorry to say but the 95 is gonna win, as long as the drivers are comparable
The 96 GT is known to be one of the most overrated as far as factory horsepower.
A stock 96 GT wont even break 200HP stock
Dalamar has his stock dyno sheet to prove it.

Now, if you had a PI conversion on the 96, that would be a different ball game.

W

WODY281

I would have to go with the 4.6. It will def. be up to the driving b/c it could go either way. As far as them being over rated, there not at all. A stock 96 gt will dyno about 190 at the wheels. Take your 18% and you get 225 at the fly. They were only rated at 215, so I would say there under rated or at least about dead on. Also the 94-95 gt's dyno #'s are about equal to the 4.6's, just go to a dyno and you'll find out. Plus the 4.6's are easier to tune on then the 5.0's. But i dunno there both great cars, I guess you'll just have to race and let us know how it turns out.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
a 94-95 with FULL EXHAUST would murder a 4.6 car with only a CAI :'( unless the 4.6 car is a PI car

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Stock NPI heads on the 96 would hurt it big time.
like Spyder said.

G

GREG@SN95

94-95 > 96-98 STOCK

5.0 is lighter and makes more TQ

but with a better driver 4.6 could win...

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Spyder said:
I disagree.

Im sorry to say but the 95 is gonna win, as long as the drivers are comparable
The 96 GT is known to be one of the most overrated as far as factory horsepower.
A stock 96 GT wont even break 200HP stock
Dalamar has his stock dyno sheet to prove it.

Now, if you had a PI conversion on the 96, that would be a different ball game.

A 94-95 dynos about the same as a npi gt (180-190rwhp)....both are extremely slow and pitiful in stock trim. Its a drivers race unless he has longtubes then he'll have a few hp advantage.

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Wow, I didn't know the 94-5's were that low!

Would it help to make a Vroooom sound with your mouth?!

fast5oh

Reaction score
hmm i would have to disagree. i dynoed my friends CMC race car its a 94 gt and they have to be completly stock and we hit 221 at the wheels. all it had on it was a filter.

and i am possive the 5.0 would win i have smashed a shit load of 4.6's on the street. they just dont have the tq like the 5.0 but then agian it could come down to just driver. who knows :noes: :noes:

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
Dalamar said:

my 95 made 206hp and 289tq with only a Dynomax exhaust, let me find my dyno sheet and Ill post it

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Snakebit said:
Dalamar said:

my 95 made 206hp and 289tq with only a Dynomax exhaust, let me find my dyno sheet and Ill post it

5.0's respond better to exhaust mods so that 95 probably would be in the 190's like a npi 5sp 4.6. They are very close in power...the 5.0 does have a better tq curve.

Spyder

Reaction score
I have never heard of a catback making 16 or better horses, unless its a boosted application.

im pretty sure that the 5.0 are putting down a little better numbers than the stock npi, ive seen a few stock npi dyno numbers and they aren't even breaking the 180 mark.

Dalamars for example, stock long block, with some minor bolt ons didnt even break 180

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
Spyder said:
I have never heard of a catback making 16 or better horses, unless its a boosted application.

im pretty sure that the 5.0 are putting down a little better numbers than the stock npi, ive seen a few stock npi dyno numbers and they aren't even breaking the 180 mark.

Dalamars for example, stock long block, with some minor bolt ons didnt even break 180

well from the dyno sheets and what Ive seen in mags and such a FOX 5.0 car usually does 185-195 or so and the 94-95 cars around 180, I guess I had a factory freak :dunno: it was a very strong motor and eventually got intake, longtubes and some other stuff and ran 12.70's

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Spyder said:

That was at this elevation, with an auto - ya it was a slug bitch.
Spyders your green GT drove pretty nice, stomped that turbo Coupo and stuff, how much was that putting donw?

Spyder

Reaction score
I never had my gt dynoed, but i put a hurting on a many cars that i dont think would be possible with only 180 horses

Now my cobra is a whole different beast for an N/A motor

97vertstang

Reaction score
i would also agree that the 5.0 will win.a cai wont do squat on a 4.6 npi.the 5.0 with full exhaust will easily break the 200 barrier. it also makes more torque, unless hes a really bad driver, the 5.0 is in top.

jpajkos

Reaction score
Im looking at my stock dyno sheet when I had my push rod and I ran 192 rwhp. It would be a good race im sorry but the both are almost dead on. It would all matter who hooks up and knows how to drive.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Spyder said:

Dalamar had an automatic...they generally are a good 5% behind the 5 sp's

Spyder

Reaction score
dalamar had some mods too

either way, everyone has their own opinions so there is no point in argueing about it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online