Who's got 20% Tint? Black SN95s only.

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
I really don't like my tint, its too light and frankly looks like garbage to me.. So when I get around to it, I plan on getting it re done 20% all around. Black vinyl above the dot matrix on the rear windshield. Day time / night time pics anybody?

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
In full San Diego sunlight:

30vm5qt.jpg

Overcast:

10893568075_dcc90a9bc4_h.jpg

stanggirlSN95

Reaction score
My car is blue but eff the 20% go for the 5%. That's all I put on my cars. And put out the extra for the good 3m professional stuff. The bottom of the line doesn't have the crisp deep black. Tint is definitely a "you get what you pay for" deal

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
My car is blue but eff the 20% go for the 5%. That's all I put on my cars. And put out the extra for the good 3m professional stuff. The bottom of the line doesn't have the crisp deep black. Tint is definitely a "you get what you pay for" deal

How often do you roll your windows down to back up at night? lol. 20 is as dark as I'd go. Any darker and its just asking for the ticket over here. I found a place that a bunch of friends used, and the guy is the best on the island. Same day roll down, no bubbles, no color changing tint etc..

stanggirlSN95

Reaction score
How often do you roll your windows down to back up at night? lol. 20 is as dark as I'd go. Any darker and its just asking for the ticket over here. I found a place that a bunch of friends used, and the guy is the best on the island. Same day roll down, no bubbles, no color changing tint etc..

Never need to put them down to back up at night , I got skills honey.
Yeah I get pulled over quite often lol. When the cops say something about the dark tint I always respond with "yea but it looks good doesn't it". So far I have had 1 tint ticket in 10+years

Win

Legend
Reaction score

That and it's just unsafe at night. I had 2.5% on the 97 I had for a few months and it was way too dark.

I don't care who you are. If you say you can still see out of 5% as good as you can 35% you must have superman vision. Just own up and admit you can't see as good out of it. There is no shame in admitting it.

PurpleZJ

Reaction score
I just got 20% factory matched on my front windows of my truck and love it. It's decently dark at night and I can't imagine going much darker than that. Driving home at 3am from the bar job it's pretty dark, I couldn't imagine 5%.

410sn95

Reaction score
... Yeah I get pulled over quite often lol. When the cops say something about the dark tint I always respond with "yea but it looks good doesn't it". So far I have had 1 tint ticket in 10+years

Perfect example of the "Power of the..."

Never mind, lol!

Win

Legend
Reaction score
35% all the way around and love it

Agreed 35% is perfect for a dark or black car

I just got 20% factory matched on my front windows of my truck and love it. It's decently dark at night and I can't imagine going much darker than that. Driving home at 3am from the bar job it's pretty dark, I couldn't imagine 5%.

yeah 5% or darker is just asinine

Is that 20% in both pics? I wanna go 20 but it might be to dark for a vert? Or i just go 35% on the safe side?

i think 35% is a good look.

1bad9d5

Reaction score
I got 20 on my gt.. I love it.. I do have to roll the window down though in the middle of the night if I wanna back up cause I can't see my mirrors thru it

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Is that 20% in both pics? I wanna go 20 but it might be to dark for a vert? Or i just go 35% on the safe side?

Yes. I use to have 35% on the front windows but I didn't like it.

Next time around I'll probably go limo tint everywhere. Currently I just have that on the rear.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Staff online

Members online