who's owned a GT500 or even 03/04 Cobra? Thinking about going back to a SN95

MIKE93SVT

Reaction score
hey everyone,

I'm back. after building my last sn95, I took a break from cars to start our family. it's been a couple years and I found a project to get my feet wet. it's a 2010 GT500 affectionately named the "Beater GT500" because it was previous wrecked, poorly repaired and I'm fixing it the right away. I'm also installing cams, ported blower, all supporting mods, shaving the engine bay, etc. I paid 15k for this thing and will be 22-24 into it with all the mods done and chassis fixed.

The car will be sick when it's done, but I just can't get my old 95 GT out of my head. I spent 3 years building that thing into my dream car and nothing will compare.

So as luck would have it, a 95 GT with 50k original miles popped up locally. white with black interior. It's everything that my car was when stock with half the miles. I'm going to look at it this week.

long story even longer: am I nuts for selling this GT500 when it's done and starting over with a stock 95 GT?

The car would get the same engine bay treatment as the old one. Wire tuck, shaved, but even more attention to detail to make it a master piece. single turbo setup and a great set of wheels. interior will stay stock except for a seat upgrade. it will stay a street cruiser. I'm trying to justify this plan, but it seems crazy to most people

What say you?

thanks
Mike

here's the build thread for the beater if you're curious:

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?1117782-Build-thread-Saving-a-GT500

and here's the old car

OP
OP
M

MIKE93SVT

Reaction score
haha

it's somewhat comparable to the shelby. drivetrain wise anyways. totally different platform in handling and creature comforts, but the mod motor setup, blowers are similar, etc. so if someone has had one of those, they could have an opinion as well

Mike

Nighttrain

Reaction score
Youre nuts, even loving the sn95.......gt500? Heck yea. I think for alot of us a termi is a dream car lol. Here's an idea, keep them both :headbang:

chris91

Reaction score
Having driven numerous times a 600hp Whippled Terminator I would have to say they are bad machines. Throw in the IRS and it's exactly what I want in a daily driven street car that can lay the smack down when needed.

OP
OP
M

MIKE93SVT

Reaction score
no way I'm buying an 03/04 cobra unless it's wrecked and I swap it all into a fox or 94-98 car.

I just hate having something that's the same as the rest. my 95 was unique and was the best thing about it IMO.

that's why I put cams in the shelby and shaved the engine bay (still working on it) because nobody else does that. but it's so plane jane on the outside and interior. just blends in with the rest and I don't have the budget to go all out on this thing. my toy fund is empty for the most part after doing all the mods on it.

would be nice to bank roll the profit on this car into the 95 and go crazy with a twin turbo 408w and a magnum 6 speed.

Mike

Nighttrain

Reaction score
Just got done reading through your build thread.......man i cant believe im saying it but id keep it lol. Thats going to be a sick car. My vote for paint.....comp orange!

OP
OP
M

MIKE93SVT

Reaction score
GT500 swap in the 95 is the right thing to do :)

haha, I've considered it numerous times. but I'd be shopping for a 96-98 if that was the plan.

Just got done reading through your build thread.......man i cant believe im saying it but id keep it lol. Thats going to be a sick car. My vote for paint.....comp orange!

thanks. CO would be a cool color, but I'm a sucker for plain old white.

the more I think about it, the more I need to just stay the course and see how the car is when done. it was stock before I tore it down and they're supposed to be a whole new animal with the mods I've got. having both is what would really make me happy, but I'm not shipping three cars back from hawaii. stationed down here for another 2 years.

Mike

Nighttrain

Reaction score
haha, I've considered it numerous times. but I'd be shopping for a 96-98 if that was the plan.

thanks. CO would be a cool color, but I'm a sucker for plain old white.

the more I think about it, the more I need to just stay the course and see how the car is when done. it was stock before I tore it down and they're supposed to be a whole new animal with the mods I've got. having both is what would really make me happy, but I'm not shipping three cars back from hawaii. stationed down here for another 2 years.

Mike

Thats what id do. Navy? Marines? Thanks for your service brother!

Royal96

Reaction score
aoz8kgx8pzknypz7z38n.jpg

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
This is going to come out of left field but I used your plastic welding technique to repair a few items recently.

OP
OP
M

MIKE93SVT

Reaction score
This is going to come out of left field but I used your plastic welding technique to repair a few items recently.

awesome! Was worth the write up if it helped one person.

Sn95 no if ands or buts. I see vipers more than clean sn95s.

right! Tried to go look at it today but he's in Honolulu and couldn't meet till 5:30. Would've been hell in traffic. Try another day

Mike

Nighttrain

Reaction score
awesome! Was worth the write up if it helped one person.

right! Tried to go look at it today but he's in Honolulu and couldn't meet till 5:30. Would've been hell in traffic. Try another day

Mike

Good luck with it! I love sn's which is why im here but those gt500's are really really nice. Out of the newer styles them and the 13/14's are some of my favorites.

RedTwilight

Reaction score
I too say why not both?

If the GT500 wasn't in such great shape I'd say swap the drive train into the '95. But you've done way to much work to the GT500 already to justify that.

Now if you could sell the GT500, buy the '95, then find a GT500 drive train to swap... :3some:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online