who's owned a GT500 or even 03/04 Cobra? Thinking about going back to a SN95

chris91

Reaction score
This is going to come out of left field but I used your plastic welding technique to repair a few items recently.

Where do I find said thread? Bought some bullitt sideskirts that need a lil fixing on one of the end caps.

OP
OP
M

MIKE93SVT

Reaction score
I too say why not both?

If the GT500 wasn't in such great shape I'd say swap the drive train into the '95. But you've done way to much work to the GT500 already to justify that.

Now if you could sell the GT500, buy the '95, then find a GT500 drive train to swap... :3some:

Both th isn't an option because I temporarily live in Hawaii and also have my wife's car. Too many to ship back and transport.

I told myself it didn't make sense to start with a bone stock car while giving up a cammed Shelby. but I still pull the ad up and check it out. I have to go look at it or I'll regret the decision to pass. Hopefully there's some rust or something that will make me feel at ease to pass on it. Then I can focus on this beast and see if I actually like it. It was fun as hell to drive but was ugly as sin and stock like the rest. Will be a lot more fun once it's running again

Mike

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
Great job on that build so far. It may be a little much to ask, but is there any way you could post your build over here and keep us updated?

chris91

Reaction score
Hopefully there's some rust or something that will make me feel at ease to pass on it.

Pull the side panels in the trunk and check down in the quarter panels. I had a 94 that was mint with perfect paint and it had rust starting down there. A LOT of them do and people don't realize it. Just an easy spot to check if you're trying to find something wrong with it. LoL

OP
OP
M

MIKE93SVT

Reaction score
Great job on that build so far. It may be a little much to ask, but is there any way you could post your build over here and keep us updated?

i don't mind transferring it over if that's cool with everybody. Pretty far from a sn95

Pull the side panels in the trunk and check down in the quarter panels. I had a 94 that was mint with perfect paint and it had rust starting down there. A LOT of them do and people don't realize it. Just an easy spot to check if you're trying to find something wrong with it. LoL

Thanks for the tip

lwarrior1016

Staff
Reaction score
i don't mind transferring it over if that's cool with everybody. Pretty far from a sn95

Thanks for the tip

We've got a bunch of different builds going on here. I think I can speak for most when I say that we can appreciate any car that is well built, and yours definitely fits the bill.

Also, congrats on being close to retirement lol. Ive been in for 8 years now, kind of thinking about giving it up.

JerZeyStangz

Reaction score
We've got a bunch of different builds going on here. I think I can speak for most when I say that we can appreciate any car that is well built, and yours definitely fits the bill.

Also, congrats on being close to retirement lol. Ive been in for 8 years now, kind of thinking about giving it up.

Never throw in the towel! No regrets!

OP
OP
M

MIKE93SVT

Reaction score

Thanks.

I'd recommend staying the course. What's your MOS?

Things typically get better with more time because you typically pick up more rank and responsibility. One duty station and or unit can make you happy or miserable. We've been through ups and downs like everyone else but have a great assignment right now and couldn't be happier

Mike

lwarrior1016

Staff
Reaction score
Thanks.

I'd recommend staying the course. What's your MOS?

Things typically get better with more time because you typically pick up more rank and responsibility. One duty station and or unit can make you happy or miserable. We've been through ups and downs like everyone else but have a great assignment right now and couldn't be happier

Mike

I was a 91H (Track vehicle mechanic) and did a stint with a combat engineer unit. First tour in Afghanistan was doing route clearance with those guys. That was a fantastic combat unit but when we got back home, shit got stupid. Did my second tour with horizontal engineers. Now I re-classed to 15H (aviation hydraulics). This unit is cool, they just arent doing it for me anymore.

What do they have you doing these days?

OP
OP
M

MIKE93SVT

Reaction score
I'm an 11B and lived the grunt life for 11 years with 4 deployments, no breaks. Then went to JRTC and was an OC which was cool to mentor and teach. Wanted a good broadening assignment and something to get me credentials after retirement so I went EO. I'm an EO advisor at the division level. work in an office and do my own thing. made the MSG list this year as well. I'm hoping to go back and teach at the DoD EO school in florida after this. I'll be able network and setup a job and retire from there

Mike

lwarrior1016

Staff
Reaction score
That EO job sounds nice, not the people involved though. Thats gotta be headache. 4 deployments....that sounds like fun lol. Where all did you go?

I know we got a little off topic, but its good conversation.

OP
OP
M

MIKE93SVT

Reaction score
EO is pretty misunderstood. Our only goal is to ensure fair and equal treatment for all Soldiers. there's a lot of misconceptions about special treatment or protecting minorities, but that's not case. 90% of my work is just correcting bad leadership and educating the offenders. rarely is it a case of discrimination.

03-04 Afghanistan, east side on pakistan boarder
05-07 Iraq, Iskandyriah and a few other areas south of Baghdad
08-09 Iraq, kirkuk then mosul
11-12 Afghanistan, Arghandab river valley, just south of kabul

6 NTC rotations, 2 to JRTC, all the NCOES courses, airborne, air assault, EIB, field problems, gunnery when I was in 4th ID, another 10 random schools like master fitness, marksmanship, etc and I'm ready to finish up. It's been a hell of a ride, especially the first 10 years but I'm winding down and ready for the next adventure to start

Mike

lwarrior1016

Staff
Reaction score
EO is pretty misunderstood. Our only goal is to ensure fair and equal treatment for all Soldiers. there's a lot of misconceptions about special treatment or protecting minorities, but that's not case. 90% of my work is just correcting bad leadership and educating the offenders. rarely is it a case of discrimination.

03-04 Afghanistan, east side on pakistan boarder
05-07 Iraq, Iskandyriah and a few other areas south of Baghdad
08-09 Iraq, kirkuk then mosul
11-12 Afghanistan, Arghandab river valley, just south of kabul

6 NTC rotations, 2 to JRTC, all the NCOES courses, airborne, air assault, EIB, field problems, gunnery when I was in 4th ID, another 10 random schools like master fitness, marksmanship, etc and I'm ready to finish up. It's been a hell of a ride, especially the first 10 years but I'm winding down and ready for the next adventure to start

Mike

Wow, EO is nothing like it portrayed at the lower level.

Either way, thats one hell of a military career and now I understand why youre ready to wrap it up.

neverenuff

Reaction score
GT500 swap in the 95 is the right thing to do :)
fbcaad41749915674e9d77443661a7a6.jpg
I'm with DropTop! Free up about $8-10k just getting rid of the body while keeping the engine. I'd recommend a t-56 Magnum behind it and your SN would be an animal!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

OP
OP
M

MIKE93SVT

Reaction score

can get a complete wrecked one for 12-14k. that's a ripoff IMO.

the more I get done on the GT500, the less I dislike it. I was in the lull of feeling like it would never be finished and was hating on the car. Now that the light at the end of the tunnel is almost visible, it'll hang around for a while.

another big thing that is keeping me away from the 95 is seeing two cars similar to what I want to build. they are for sale for 14k and 17k and are not selling. built motors, one twin turbo, other f1-r. that's exactly what I would do and the money is not safe.

so my next plan is to do a coyote swap into a sn95 or new edge along with a TVS blower. would also add saleen ground affects. we'll see how this one turns out.

Mike

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online