Why are the power steering pulley sooo much moeny?

121 to berryessa

Reaction score
It must be because so many people bend them like just did... Does anyone know of any other pulleys that I can swap it out with?

Ebay has some for sale, but are pricey, and all my local autoparts dont sell them. Pick and pull was filled mustangs with power steering pump pulley.

riored4v

Reaction score
Was just on wazee.com ordering a idler pulley and noticed they were pre-selling power steering pulleys. Not sure how their price compares to what you're seeing out there but their price was $87.99 for a billet pulley.

94yellow50

Reaction score
That preorder is kind of a joke.... I ordered one in like February I think it was still nothing. They did take the full payment tho for idler tensioner and power steering. So I better get it some day...

gnx547

Reaction score
I got mine at the junkyard with the pump for $20

TT94SVT

Reaction score
There is absolutely no pulley that will swap on to the 94-95 power steering pump.
You have four options
1. Find one on ebay or in a junkyard they are definitely out there ( I have two spares but unfortunately they are not for sale )
2. Get a pulley made http://wazees.com/
3. put a manual rack in your car
4. Bend your pulley back while it is on the car. I did this to mine and it worked for a few thousand miles until I found one
just spin the pulley around and find out which spoke is bent. I used a flathead screwdriver and hammer to bend the spokes until my pulley no longer wobbled.

good luck on your search for a pulley

riored4v

Reaction score
That preorder is kind of a joke.... I ordered one in like February I think it was still nothing. They did take the full payment tho for idler tensioner and power steering. So I better get it some day...

Dang. I ordered the idler pulley a couple weeks back. I received it within about a week. Wonder if they are holding off on sending yours until the PS pulley is done.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
wonder if we have enough people wanting either one or a set to get a group buy and get them to make them faster? I am interested I a full set.

94yellow50

Reaction score
Dang. I ordered the idler pulley a couple weeks back. I received it within about a week. Wonder if they are holding off on sending yours until the PS pulley is done.

They already sent the idler and tensioner I ordered. Pretty quick actually. But never have heard anything on the steering pump pulley.

riored4v

Reaction score
wonder if we have enough people wanting either one or a set to get a group buy and get them to make them faster? I am interested I a full set.

I'd be interested. I already have the idler, but I'd be interested in the rest.

94yellow50

Reaction score
Whoo. So in the midst of me being upset of pulley taking forever. I got the email yesterday that it shipped. I'm definitely doing everything I can to get my stock one off off safely. Seems like something someone will need.

RichV

Reaction score
Road race guys have been running 3.8 p/s pulleys because they don't foam as much. Just FYI, so there is an option if you have nothing. But I don't know the 94/95 details, I've seen this on many fox 5.0s, but only a few SNs. Let me see if I can find some more details on this.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
damn I can't decide what to do. A big part of the problem I the crank/vortech pulley has two belts on it does anyone make one for that?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010

Members online