Why the exhaust would not fit????

GMSMOKR

Reaction score
Ok fellas...I came up with side exhaust system I'm about to order it anyway?...But Steeda say it will not fit??? Why ..Of course I have a 97 Gt...and this side exhaust systems is for a 99-04 SN95...Why would it not fit my 97 SN95
securedownload-3_zpsac72f40e.jpg

Taking off the Super 44's Flows for the Steeda Side exhaust..

securedownload1-2_zpsa1f294d3.jpg

What changed near the Trans area that would not work on the 94-98 SN95

LilRoush

Reaction score
It's not that it WON'T fit, it will just require a little tweaking to get it hanging correctly. Same thing is true with most side exit set ups (Magnaflow, Spin Tech etc....). You'll have to bend the hangers a bit to get it to clear the side skirts. If you don't give it enough gap, you'll melt the sides.

Just a heads up if you have sub frames, they won't clear the added brace. You'll need the Roush or Spin Tech subframes made specifically for side exit exhaust.

OP
OP
GMSMOKR

GMSMOKR

Reaction score
It's not that it WON'T fit, it will just require a little tweaking to get it hanging correctly. Same thing is true with most side exit set ups (Magnaflow, Spin Tech etc....). You'll have to bend the hangers a bit to get it to clear the side skirts. If you don't give it enough gap, you'll melt the sides.

Just a heads up if you have sub frames, they won't clear the added brace. You'll need the Roush or Spin Tech sub-frames made specifically for side exit exhaust.
Cool Thx Lil"R"..I will just fab it in then...I thought that the mufflers would not sit in there normal spot...or something major..I do have BBK sub frame connectors...I guess I will just have to fab those as well..Seeing how I just bought them this past Aug. I was going to get the Spin Tech's but they just too loud and just hate to start attracting the SLFD Police everyday in my area.

BigBore96

Reaction score
If I were you and you have any fab skills or wnat a better system cheaper even if paying to have the work done, then do a custom fabbed setup with your choice of tips/mufflers. It will be cheaper, give you the sound you exactly want, and give you more power. Those premade are terrible. Not to mention they rob power and don't fit with most subframes. I bought a set of custom magnaflow side exhaust pipes and it fit/sounded fantastic. Even fit with my MM sub frame connectors. My brother currently has it now on his 95 5.0.

LilRoush

Reaction score
The mufflers sit is the 'stock' location. It works great for placement when rubbing the tips out the side just in front of the rear wheels when using a muffler with inlet/outlet on the same end. I ran the Magnaflow/Roush set up for a few months on my old 2000 before switching to the Spin Tech mufflers (welded into the original piping). The Spins gave a deeper rumble and scooped up 7 rwtq for me above what the Magnaflows put down.

It will be interesting to see what you end up doing to adapt to the subframes. Te ones made for side exit are stepped or notched to allow the pipe a gap to fit under.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwacaser

Members online