Why you should dump your exhaust. Everyone should =] (drive by though)

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
So its drizzling out and its boring inside. I decided to make a sound clip of the ole stang.

Does she sound healthy to you???

http://media.putfile.com/mustang-9 and yep i granny shift. My clutch is shitty

That blat @ 1:45 actually sounds good outside. On the inside its sounds shitty.

You know the setup already. Not Flowmasters. Sounds 100 x times better than flows in my book.. why?/ b/c its dumped :angel:

O/R H and Mac FLowpath Mufflers dumped @ the rear axle.

Coming next month after emission i will swap on the o/r prochamber after i take the catted H off. :thumb: but this o/r h with dumped macs is something serious. I just dont have the balls/horsepower/tq to back up my exhaust sound.

And what have we learned today? dump your exhaust.. who cares if it looks empty from behind with no tips.

phil_the_thrill

Reaction score
Re: Yet another Twista Exhaust CLip thread (drive by though)

sounds like you have a leaky head gasket and youre prolly gonna need your engine overhauled...

j/k sounds pretty good

OP
OP
T

Twista

Legend
Reaction score

phil_the_thrill said:
sounds like you have a leaky head gasket and youre prolly gonna need your engine overhauled...

j/k sounds pretty good

*knock on freaking wood* LOL How does a leaky head gasket sound? i overheated my car not to long ago and it still gets too hot now so i have to blast the heat in 90 degree weather to cool down the car :D i might need a new radiator though.

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
go drive on the highway for 2 hours and see how much you like your dumped exhaust. :hammer:

OP
OP
T

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
DFG_Pimpin said:
go drive on the highway for 2 hours and see how much you like your dumped exhaust. :hammer:

i have (not 2 hrs) and its not loud :dunno: maybe if it was dumped @ the ground, but being its dumped @ the axle. Its not deep as inside :'( as i would like.

Heh, if you dont believe me. Listen to like 20 seconds of this clip. Its not loud inside at all: http://media.putfile.com/my-mustang-18

BOS-94-003

Reaction score
I just went with electric exhaust cutout's right after the flange coming off the headers. I can run my flowmasters when i want or dump it to nearly open headers when i want. Best of both worlds. Just my recommendation. Not a very good pic but u get the idea
IMG_0281.jpg

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
electric cutouts are big $$$$, and i have heard the cheaper ones are prone to leaking..i would rather just get the manual cutouts witht the wing nuts.

BOS-94-003

Reaction score
You get what you pay for. Mine were 500 but lifetime warranty and perfect seal every time. Its a flip of the switch from inside the car and I love em. I can pass a riced out neon thats been screwing with me open header style and then have it shut down by the time I pass grandma taking her grandchildren to church. It just comes down to what you feel is expensive. Modding cars isnt cheap so I feel like they fit right in and are by far the funnest mod yet.

OP
OP
T

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
BOS-94-003 said:
I just went with electric exhaust cutout's right after the flange coming off the headers. I can run my flowmasters when i want or dump it to nearly open headers when i want. Best of both worlds. Just my recommendation. Not a very good pic but u get the idea
IMG_081.jpg

So if you have the cutouts open does it just cut the sound off the mufflers could make? I mean if i had flowmasters and ran with the cut outs open.... would i get any flowmaster tone or would it just be a RAW tone because the exhaust flow is cut @ the cutout?

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
Twista said:
So if you have the cutouts open does it just cut the sound off the mufflers could make? I mean if i had flowmasters and ran with the cut outs open.... would i get any flowmaster tone or would it just be a RAW tone because the exhaust flow is cut @ the cutout?
it would be like running open headers, which you pretty much are. when the cutout is open, it is like you dont have a midpipe or catback on teh car anymore..

OP
OP
T

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
DFG_Pimpin said:
Twista said:
it would be like running open headers, which you pretty much are. when the cutout is open, it is like you dont have a midpipe or catback on teh car anymore..

Ahh, that makes sense. Thanks for the reply.

OP
OP
T

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
Whistler98 said:
Sounds pretty good. Alot like my sisters car we had hers dumped to the ground she had an o/r x though.

I wanna do that so bad. I might buy some real pro dumps b/c i dont want to weld anything where i cant re-install my tips/tails if ever needed again. That way i can install the pro dumps or hook back up the non dumps just by unbolting/bolting.

You have any clips of your sisters car?

Whistler98

Reaction score
Twista said:
Whistler98 said:
Sounds pretty good. Alot like my sisters car we had hers dumped to the ground she had an o/r x though.

I wanna do that so bad. I might buy some real pro dumps b/c i dont want to weld anything where i can re-install my tips/tails if ever needed again. That way i can install the pro dumps or hook back up the non dumps just by unbolting/bolting.

You have any clips of your sisters car?

No I wish I did it sounded great. Not as loud as mine but it sounded good. She wreaked it last year and some kid has it around town here now he fixed it up.

Hellion94

Reaction score

Twista said:
phil_the_thrill said:

j/k sounds pretty good

*knock on freaking wood* LOL How does a leaky head gasket sound? i overheated my car not to long ago and it still gets too hot now so i have to blast the heat in 90 degree weather to cool down the car :D i might need a new radiator though.

It sounds like a REALLY bad exhaust leak

BOS-94-003

Reaction score
Twista said:
BOS-94-003 said:
IMG_081.jpg

There still might be sound/flow coming out your exhaust but it is overwhelmed by the sound coming from the cut out part. Its nearly 100% open headers. They dont block the path to and through your mufflers just create an alternative route. Exhaust will take the path of least resistance therefor the majority will exit directly out the cut out instead of flowing through the h pipe, mufflers, and out your exhaust tips.

Reaction score
BOS-94-003 said:
IMG_0281.jpg

Nice setup. Not seen this type before.
Links details?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online