Wichers123 thrift shop build!

Wichers123

Reaction score
Sooooooo, I think it's time to make a build thread for my new engine setup. The goal here is to be thrifty and try to buy as much second hand parts and bring it together to make a killer 2v street/strip combo. So here's the plans

the bottom is a stock 03/04 cobra bottom
pi 2v heads with touched up ports
brian tooley racing bee hive springs
comp cams xe278ah cams
cloyes hex adjust timing set
Arp head studs
pi intake
bbk 78mm throttle body plenum
60lb injectors

the vortech strip is gonna get some work too, intercooler kit, sct ba5000 maf, tial bov, Jms voltage booster for the pump.

This setup should easily get me 500. When it's all said and done Jms is where I'm sending it to tune.

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
Deadly man , that's going to be a wicked fun combo now , you'll easily get the numbers your looking for

OP
OP
Wichers123

Wichers123

Reaction score
Yeah I'm getting excited. I have a whole new plan for this car. I'm gonna set up for the strip. I drove it almost everyday but I will no longer.

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
Nice man , yea that's the route I went with my car as well I'll be driving it a bunch more this year though daily driving during nice weather .

KillNThrill24

Legend
Reaction score
Right on brotha how much did you manage to snag that terminator shortblock for? Thinking about getting my own next year

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Wichers123

Wichers123

Reaction score
1000 bucks. The dude wanted 2500 I talked him down and he sat on it a couple of days he hit me up and we made a deal. Everything has been cheap so far
short block 1000
heads 100
cams 255
cloyes set 125
Btr bee hives 129

thats all I got so far

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
You so thrifty , awesome progress . A local guy here with a lent to him bbc in his in Stang hatch dubbed the car thrift shop . Stock headed bottle fed 9 second car that hasn't been full unleash yet

330CubeGt

Reaction score
Nice, I think I would go for 600ish hp on that bottem end!

OP
OP
Wichers123

Wichers123

Reaction score
You so thrifty , awesome progress . A local guy here with a lent to him bbc in his in Stang hatch dubbed the car thrift shop . Stock headed bottle fed 9 second car that hasn't been full unleash yet
As stupid as it sounds I'm really not trying to be but these parts are just coming up for sale here and there. I just picked up a cloyes hex adjust kit for 125 bucks with really no time on it.

when all all said and done I hope to have about 2500 in the whole motor and then about a safe 1000 more in the vortech kit. And then when I'm done I'm having Jms the cofounder of sct tune the car for a safe 500whp then later I'll come back and add 75 shot of nitrous and race gas.

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
Oh hell yea dude that's going to be one insane combo .

duff daddy

Legend
Reaction score
I need more info on this? Anything special about Windsor heads?

Yes

yeah there not romeos lol

Good job old man/pushrod guy... proud of you!!!!
Okay I thought there wasn't anything different. Aren't the valve covers different

The valve covers have a different # of bolt holes,also the STOCK cams are press on not bolt on, ALSO the cam carriers have individual caps where the romeo's are "bridge" set up where they use 2 for the whole head and the windsor has a cap over each tower... No difference for power/performance ect just one is much, much more available then others (ie finding windsord vc's that arent truck covers and be a dick)

OP
OP
Wichers123

Wichers123

Reaction score
Yes

Good job old man/pushrod guy... proud of you!!!!

The valve covers have a different # of bolt holes,also the STOCK cams are press on not bolt on, ALSO the cam carriers have individual caps where the romeo's are "bridge" set up where they use 2 for the whole head and the windsor has a cap over each tower... No difference for power/performance ect just one is much, much more available then others (ie finding windsord vc's that arent truck covers and be a dick)
Okay kool well the valve covers came with the heads.

OP
OP
Wichers123

Wichers123

Reaction score
Thanks the timing set came in so now I'm gonna store it all up and then in a couple of months I'll start back on it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online