Widebody Conversion ;)

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
car is sic and looks like it can stick to the side of a wall..

Not bashing, but what's the point of the vortex generators. I know they're used on aircraft and why. They seem counterproductive on the car with the tall wing.

alex302

Reaction score
Still can get over the 315's out front. Bad a$$!!

95opal

Reaction score
Now that's a track whore...love the new additions :thumbsup:

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
Look at this dirty little track slut... Damn the 18x11's all around with 315's look unreal . The transformation over the past few years has been Awesome with this car , not to mention it out performs damn near anything on the autocross course

ba#97

Reaction score
damn dude looks good. looks like we both got our cars buttoned up at the same time! ha. just got mine back from getting the cage done, I'll have pics up today! have you been running with scca? if so how are you holding up to some of the times of the faster cars i.e. BP, CP stuff like that? if you pull the wing off and do a spoiler that thing should still be ESP legal shouldn't it? you should have yourself a damn competitive car! where did you get the headlight covers and how do you have your intake setup for it?

ba#97

Reaction score

Not bashing, but what's the point of the vortex generators. I know they're used on aircraft and why. They seem counterproductive on the car with the tall wing.

I believe they are used to divert air up towards the wing itself, so they work in conjunction with the wing instead of against it.

OP
OP
MadStang

MadStang

Reaction score
damn dude looks good. looks like we both got our cars buttoned up at the same time! ha. just got mine back from getting the cage done, I'll have pics up today! have you been running with scca? if so how are you holding up to some of the times of the faster cars i.e. BP, CP stuff like that? if you pull the wing off and do a spoiler that thing should still be ESP legal shouldn't it? you should have yourself a damn competitive car! where did you get the headlight covers and how do you have your intake setup for it?

thanks! yes I run with SCCA, at the previous event I compared times with 3 classes. SU (the class I'm in) I'm 1.6 seconds faster than 2nd place, SM I was over 2 seconds faster and in CP (P1) I'm a half second faster via pax time than the guys in XP. The car is bulletproof and I've definitely rustled some feathers in SCCA by beating out a big shop down here... Car is far from ESP legal, it's gutted. The headlights are a set of factory lights just cut up the passenger side for flow

OP
OP
MadStang

MadStang

Reaction score

they create a high/low pressure area above and below the wing increasing the wings efficiency at providing downforce

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
I believe they are used to divert air up towards the wing itself, so they work in conjunction with the wing instead of against it.

they create a high/low pressure area above and below the wing increasing the wings efficiency at providing downforce

On airplanes they're used on top of the wing to make sure the airflow follows the conture of the wing instead of creating turbulance at back of the wing.
It look to me like something similar is going on but the airflow is supposed to hug the rear window so the wing stays in the clean air. therefore increasing it's effectiveness.

OP
OP
MadStang

MadStang

Reaction score
On airplanes they're used on top of the wing to make sure the airflow follows the conture of the wing instead of creating turbulance at back of the wing.
It look to me like something similar is going on but the airflow is supposed to hug the rear window so the wing stays in the clean air. therefore increasing it's effectiveness.

We had it tested at our local wind tunnel the downforce created by the generators was about a 5% increase across the board compared to without. This was with agent 47's guidance of setting the angles correctly to best suit the wing characteristics.

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
what a badass racecar... i've been watching this thing on instagram for awhile now, and all I can say is wow... Do you have any clips of driving it on the street?

ba#97

Reaction score
thanks! yes I run with SCCA, at the previous event I compared times with 3 classes. SU (the class I'm in) I'm 1.6 seconds faster than 2nd place, SM I was over 2 seconds faster and in CP (P1) I'm a half second faster via pax time than the guys in XP. The car is bulletproof and I've definitely rustled some feathers in SCCA by beating out a big shop down here... Car is far from ESP legal, it's gutted. The headlights are a set of factory lights just cut up the passenger side for flow

I'm gonna try the same thing but with headlight covers instead I think so I can just pop the headlights out. I don't use them anyways!

ba#97

Reaction score
what a badass racecar... i've been watching this thing on instagram for awhile now, and all I can say is wow... Do you have any clips of driving it on the street?

you want to see a racecar with vids on the street? lol. I feel like we need some videos of it in action doing what it was built for.

OP
OP
MadStang

MadStang

Reaction score
How hard would it be for you get into American Iron?

Not incredibly difficult. just need to finish the roll cage and probably detune the car since I wouldn't make the Power/Weight Regulation. But my eventual goal is Time Attack.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TN95gt

Members online

No members online now.