Widow Makers-cam/blown 2v

Widow Maker

Reaction score
Finally i have had time to start working on the car an getting things going.

when i got the car it was pretty rough.

Transmission was trash
electrical was crap
suspension was done poorly
and much more.

here is some pics of it right now.

013_zps95ad2884.jpg

006_zps49b1d962.jpg

015_zps00288922.jpg

014_zps9ef0f265.jpg

017_zpsb380405b.jpg

020_zpsed55b1eb.jpg

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
Sweet man, looks like some nice parts making up that build. What are you goals for the car?

OP
OP
Widow Maker

Widow Maker

Reaction score
Sweet man, looks like some nice parts making up that build. What are you goals for the car?

I had it on the dyno an made 427rwtq through an auto at 5000rpms. For some reason the the converter kept unlocking.

It should be 500+at the wheels at 10psi non intercooled

I was hoping to get a novi2k on it an try to get 700+. Now not sure if I want to continue the project haha.

It has a little bit of a surge at times but still sounds pretty dang mean with some cam behind the blower.

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
I was wondering where you've been , yea don't give up yet I like this car

OP
OP
Widow Maker

Widow Maker

Reaction score
I was wondering where you've been , yea don't give up yet I like this car

Man I really don't want to, but I need to start saving for a house. I've spent too much on this car an still need a few things to finish up lol.

I have almost got the interior looking non ricer

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
Man I really don't want to, but I need to start saving for a house. I've spent too much on this car an still need a few things to finish up lol.

I have almost got the interior looking non ricer

I know the feeling man , I'm in the same boat with my car and the other project I have on the go that I may sell . I should have mine wrapped up this month . The things been killing me lately especially with my expensive ass cummins too

OP
OP
Widow Maker

Widow Maker

Reaction score
I know the feeling man , I'm in the same boat with my car and the other project I have on the go that I may sell . I should have mine wrapped up this month . The things been killing me lately especially with my expensive ass cummins too

Lol one project is way more than enough for me.

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
I had it on the dyno an made 427rwtq through an auto at 5000rpms. For some reason the the converter kept unlocking.

It should be 500+at the wheels at 10psi non intercooled

I was hoping to get a novi2k on it an try to get 700+. Now not sure if I want to continue the project haha.

It has a little bit of a surge at times but still sounds pretty dang mean with some cam behind the blower.

Sweet. Are you running a single disc converter? 700rwhp is super serious from an auto, whats the specs on your build?

OP
OP
Widow Maker

Widow Maker

Reaction score
Sweet. Are you running a single disc converter? 700rwhp is super serious from an auto, whats the specs on your build?

Yeah it is a single I talked to percision industries about making it into a muti it's like 360-400

It's the 298 stroker from livernoise-can't give you my whole break down due to gambling factors hahah

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
Yeah it is a single I talked to percision industries about making it into a muti it's like 360-400

It's the 298 stroker from livernoise-can't give you my whole break down due to gambling factors hahah

Yeah for sure the single disc is your problem. I was blowing through my converter when I was close to 500rwhp and went with a PI triple disc and problem solved. that price for an upgrade it super cheap, I had to buy a whole new one and it ran close to $1,200.

700rwhp from a 298 based 2v motor is going to require 20+ psi and nitrous through an auto, fyi. That type of power through an auto is 8-9 sec 1/4 mile potential. These auto's just chew up power on dyno's like crazy

OP
OP
Widow Maker

Widow Maker

Reaction score
Yeah for sure the single disc is your problem. I was blowing through my converter when I was close to 500rwhp and went with a PI triple disc and problem solved. that price for an upgrade it super cheap, I had to buy a whole new one and it ran close to $1,200.

700rwhp from a 298 based 2v motor is going to require 20+ psi and nitrous through an auto, fyi. That type of power through an auto is 8-9 sec 1/4 mile potential. These auto's just chew up power on dyno's like crazy

Oh for sure is what it will take to hit those numbers.

You think the converter would unlock during use on the street?

I have some other questions that I need answered to. Do you have a phone number I could send you some pics on for some help?

I'm redoing the interior right now an trying to keep my expense low as my girl just lost her job. Makes things hard to have a toy an support a family as well.

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
Oh for sure is what it will take to hit those numbers.

You think the converter would unlock during use on the street?

I have some other questions that I need answered to. Do you have a phone number I could send you some pics on for some help?

I'm redoing the interior right now an trying to keep my expense low as my girl just lost her job. Makes things hard to have a toy an support a family as well.

Yeah I hear ya man. PM sent on a phone #

nightfire

Reaction score
Jesus. You have to either be color-blind or was a tie-dye superfan as a kid......

Ninety8stang

Reaction score
saw your car on CL man. you planning on trying to sell this thing? looks awesome BTW. haha

OP
OP
Widow Maker

Widow Maker

Reaction score
saw your car on CL man. you planning on trying to sell this thing? looks awesome BTW. haha

Idk man I'm trying to be a dad. I'm really not trying to spend a lot of money on it.

All that would be left is send the converter off to performance industries get a multi disc installed. Then paint an body.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99