Wife's DFG Convertible GT

OP
OP
86svo9l

86svo9l

Reaction score
Awesome man! I love rocking my DFG Vert!

Thanks!

Looking forward to getting out and teaching my wife how to drive it. She is under the impression once she masters driving the 5 speed that she will be able to take the RX7 out too. We shall see how that one plays out.

Win

Legend
Reaction score
Well I guess it all depends on how much ya love her (rx7) haha kidding. Well kinda. :)

OP
OP
86svo9l

86svo9l

Reaction score
Took it out for the maiden voyage since fixing all the BS issues. Car runs quite a bit stronger than expected, I would say it is faster than my old vert was when it was a virgin. Still has a small lope at idle once it drops from high idle, so it either had a small cam installed in its past(which would explain why everything was so clean under the neglect), or a couple holes have lower compression than the rest. Will bust out the compression tester once my finger heals to confirm.

Win

Legend
Reaction score
Ah the good ole days of tri bars :)

i still love em. A ton of people hate them, but that's the first wheel that made me like the new 94GT when i first saw it.

Btw those tailpipes will come to literally a mirror shine will some wet sanding and metal polish. ;)

OP
OP
86svo9l

86svo9l

Reaction score
Aside from a few more clean up items progress on this is going to slow for a while. Going to enjoy it as is until next winter.

The problem maker came out of storage. Have a lot of stuff to get ready for tech inspection before autox events begin. Needs a nice bath too!

Firefighter181

Reaction score
Noooooooo it's a reliant robin.

Ha, I about died laughing when the Top Gear guys were rolling the Robin over.

86svo9l, that is a good looking DFG vert, hell of a clean up job also! I agree with Win also, the Tri Bars are not generally liked however probably one of my favorite factory wheels on the GT. I think I may need to track down, or make a set of the tan bumper inserts also. I think they would look good on my DFGV as well.

OP
OP
86svo9l

86svo9l

Reaction score
Ha, I about died laughing when the Top Gear guys were rolling the Robin over.

86svo9l, that is a good looking DFG vert, hell of a clean up job also! I agree with Win also, the Tri Bars are not generally liked however probably one of my favorite factory wheels on the GT. I think I may need to track down, or make a set of the tan bumper inserts also. I think they would look good on my DFGV as well.

The tan inserts have really grown on me. My wife hates them, so I was going to remove them for her. I discovered when doing the back bumper that the tan is actually painted on redneck style :deeplist:...

d1mike41

Reaction score
Good job on cleaning that dirty engine. Looking good. Hope that knuckle is doing better. Looks like that RX7 is a beast.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Ah the good ole days of tri bars :)

i still love em. A ton of people hate them, but that's the first wheel that made me like the new 94GT when i first saw it.

Btw those tailpipes will come to literally a mirror shine will some wet sanding and metal polish. ;)

I always liked the tribars better than the split 5 spoke on my 96. Almost bought a chrome set back when I first bought it.

OP
OP
86svo9l

86svo9l

Reaction score
omgerd.

damn, man. how's that thing do on the track?

No idea. I sold my previous Mustangs to build this monstrosity. Took me over a year to get it in driving condition, finally fired it up two days before snow flew. So I did the test drive and then the drove to storage.

On the way home from storage on Sunday I decided to roll into the throttle a little bit. In 5th gear at 55mph I gave it about half throttle and it slid out on me so I let off. Scared the shit out of me, but I also had a giant grin on my face. Hopefully the spinning at those speeds can be halted with new tires, the ones on there now are the stock 16's and are terrible. Plus side of these cars is that they share the same offset as the 94-04 Mustangs so I can get a nice set of rims for a decent price.

Maybe drop the tri bars onto it once I convince the wife she needs a rim and tire upgrade on her vert.

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
No idea. I sold my previous Mustangs to build this monstrosity. Took me over a year to get it in driving condition, finally fired it up two days before snow flew. So I did the test drive and then the drove to storage.

golly. that's rough!

:p

OP
OP
86svo9l

86svo9l

Reaction score
Well went and picked up new to me rims and tires today. I did not take it out of the garage yet due to it starting to sprinkle, but got them installed. I will try to get some pictures here in the near future. I took the time to clean up and paint the brake calipers and rotors too.

While installing the rims I discovered why the rear end was sitting so high. Jokingly a while back I mentioned it being so high because it was probably some redneck bs going on. Well come to find out I was right :slowclap: .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarthur1995

Staff online

Members online