will a 93 cobra intake work on a 95 GT?

VulcanGT

Reaction score
i found someone with a ported 93 cobra intake for a good price. my only concern is that im afraid it wont fit. it will need the elbow in the intake for it to work but im not even sure if they make one for that particular manifold. im getting the car ready fo nitous and id really like to start with that.

ryclef331

Reaction score
You can use ANY brand elbow adapter. They ALL convert a fox throttle body flange to our style. Go ahead and pick the intake up and any brand intake elbow (edelbrock, trick flow, bbk, etc.) and then SPRAY THE HELL OUT of her. :noes:

SvtBlack95

Reaction score
go for it.. and while your add it maybe do some port work if your up for little more work :thumb:

yellowgt

Reaction score
I have a 93 cobra intake on my 95GT and let me tell you there are a couple of things you are gunna have to do to make it work.

You will need an elbow to make this work especially for your EGR placement, I have a trickflow elbow and the alignment on the elbow for the EGR was off so my EGR would not bolt right up to the elbow. I had to cut the metal tube from the EGR to the exhaust manifold and fabricate a new tube to have it fit properly. I Don't know what the Edelbrock elbow is like but I hear BBK makes a really nice piece.

On the 93 Cobra intakes there EGR location is actually on the upper intake manifold, What I had to do there is fabricate a piece of metal to seal up the hole where the 93 EGR was suppose to go. Other than that there were a couple of holes on the lower Cobra intake that had to be plugged up but no major work there.

Not to discourage you but it took a little bit to fabricate what I needed, It's all worth it in the end.

You will feel your stang pull alot more in the higher RPM range which is really nice.

OP
OP
V

VulcanGT

Reaction score
yeah, i really want it to work. the intake is ported too so id rally like to have it. ill look into the BBK elbow and see how it looks. thanks guys!

last_5_liter

Reaction score
Stupid queston!

Is there any way to make it work without the elbow? Or is the elbow is the better idea?

What kind of TB and CAI would be best for the setup?

d_punch

Reaction score
~VulcanGT~ is that deal for both upper and lower cobra intake?

~last_5_liter~ you can convert to a fox body throttle body.

ryclef331

Reaction score
last_5_liter said:
Stupid queston!

Is there any way to make it work without the elbow? Or is the elbow is the better idea?

you CAN convert but its been dyno proven a long time ago that there is no real power benefit to either one. You would need a fox throttle body and cable I believe. I've never searched into it much b/c I don't seen a huge gain from it. I just picked up the elbow and dropped it all in.

last_5_liter

Reaction score
ryclef331 said:
last_5_liter said:
Stupid queston!

you CAN convert but its been dyno proven a long time ago that there is no real power benefit to either one. You would need a fox throttle body and cable I believe. I've never searched into it much b/c I don't seen a huge gain from it. I just picked up the elbow and dropped it all in.

Thanks...

by the way like the paint on your car. What color is that?

ZimStang

Reaction score
93 cobras had the gt40 heads didnt they? 94-95's have the E7's... maybe I missed something?

SvtBlack95

Reaction score
93-95 cobra's had the gt-40 heads and the rest of them had the E7 heads

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online