Will It Bolt Up?

Foster98GT

Reaction score
Will the Saleen 281 spoiler bolt up to my stock spoiler holes or does it have too be fitted?

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
It may depend on where you get it from, if you get a good quality one, it should line up exactly. Mine did and I got it from late model resto, on the other hand if you get a cheep discount one from a discount store, you may have problems.

STNG_96

Reaction score
My buddie got his off ebay, not really sure what company, but It bolted just fine in two holes, and then like matt said, he used some two sided tape.

OP
OP
F

Foster98GT

Reaction score
STNG_96 said:
My buddie got his off ebay, not really sure what company, but It bolted just fine in two holes, and then like matt said, he used some two sided tape.
Can you find out where he got it? If possible can i see some pics?

STNG_96

Reaction score
Sorry man, no pix, Im away at school, so I dont see him but every few months, and I know he paid 130 for his, from a company on ebay.

STNG_96

Reaction score
there actually is a guy on here named droptoppony that probably would be able to help ya. He has an S281 wing on his vert.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
STNG_96 said:
there actually is a guy on here named droptoppony that probably would be able to help ya. He has an S281 wing on his vert.

that guys sux :D

I bought mine from Speedworx.com they sell all Saleen's stuff. It was 189.
It was a direct bolt on (2 bolts) and some double sided tape. I did have to place 80lb dumbells on the corners to get them to round down and hug the shape of the car. I left the weight on for about a week. Pics in profile.

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
DropTopPony said:
that guys sux :D

I bought mine from Speedworx.com they sell all Saleen's stuff. It was 189.
It was a direct bolt on (2 bolts) and some double sided tape. I did have to place 80lb dumbells on the corners to get them to round down and hug the shape of the car. I left the weight on for about a week. Pics in profile.

I got a saleen one from another store, and the corners are lookin like devil horns.
I still need to have it painted / mounted.

After the 1 week 80# workout, did it stay where it should be?

98faleen

Reaction score
I have an authentic saleen s281 wing and it bolted up perfect. no probs with it but i dunno if u can trust some no name brand though.

badass98svt

Reaction score
Saleens quality has gone way downhill over the last 5 years. well, at least their fit and finish on their products.
saleen changed their mounting design a little while back. they used to be a 4 bolt, fiberglass design. they are now a 2 bolt urethane design. like said above, it uses double sided tape to mount the back of it. it has a tendency to arrive at your door warped and/or deformed.

i have an ABC exclusive model and i must say the fit and finish was terriffic. its made of fiberglass and it IS a 4 bolt design and it bolts right up to the 4 stocker holes

OP
OP
F

Foster98GT

Reaction score
badass98svt said:
Saleens quality has gone way downhill over the last 5 years. well, at least their fit and finish on their products.
saleen changed their mounting design a little while back. they used to be a 4 bolt, fiberglass design. they are now a 2 bolt urethane design. like said above, it uses double sided tape to mount the back of it. it has a tendency to arrive at your door warped and/or deformed.

i have an ABC exclusive model and i must say the fit and finish was terriffic. its made of fiberglass and it IS a 4 bolt design and it bolts right up to the 4 stocker holes

Where would i Order it from?

badass98svt

Reaction score
go to the site.
click on "mustangs"
click on "spoilers/wings"
click on "sr281" under the 94-98 section.

thats their s281 replica.
fits perfect

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010

Members online