will my future mods reach me my goal?

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
I currently have a 1997 GT, auto, 44k miles on the original motor.
It is a full bolt on, and i have a SQ Trim mongoose kit waiting to be installed with a 255 walbro intank pump, and a MPH boost pipe.
I am going to get the kit installed and my car dynotuned to see where i am at.
I am then going to install a PI Intake Manifold and some custom grind blower cams.
I will then again get the car re dynoed and tuned.
My final steps of the car will be to add a Paxton A/A intercooler, a Mini race bypass valve, and then put a smaller pulley on the blower due to the loss of lbs from the cams and i/c.
I will obviously get the car redynoed again.
All of this will be done in the following stages i just listed.
Do you think this setup along with all the bolt ons will reach me my goal of 385-400rwhp??

thanks guys

badass98svt

Reaction score
With the PI intake and intercooler, you should be right around your target power of 385-400.

Why does everyone care about HP numbers though?
TORQUE wins races, HP sells cars.

jpajkos

Reaction score
Horsepower and Torque don't mean shit if you can't keep it on the ground.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
The most important thing to think about here is what towing company your going to use after your aod goes KA-BOOM :D your stock automatic is NOT going to hold up to that much hp and tq for very long. You are going to have to have either a re-build on the stock one to make it suitable to handle the extra power, or just get a aftermarket one like a C4 or Lentech automatic. Either way you have to do something about it.......or make sure your AAA is up to date ;D ;D

As far as getting to the 380-400rwhp mark, the auto is obviously going to make it a challenge since its going to take an additional 10 or 15 percent more power off the tires with the slush box.........but it will at least be close. Scarface has a blown NON PI car and I'm pretty sure he has the PI intake and his manual car is doing 380hp at the tires I think...................that's one to look at to get a idea of what you might be looking at. He does not have cams though ( unless I'm wrong ) so that would be some extra hp to your advantage since they are in your plans. The trans would be my FIRST concern if I was you.............

SlickGT

Reaction score
The addition of the cams should put you at your goal. What custom blower cams are you going with? If you get them from MPH, make sure you talk to Tim. He doesnt include a cam card with his cams so it makes it pretty interesting to try and degree them unless you go down to MPH and have them installed.

OP
OP
97stanger

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
yes, i was planning on going to MPH for the cams. Thanks for that info, i'll definately ask him about it when i order them!

Pennywise2

Reaction score
jpajkos said:
Horsepower and Torque don't mean shit if you can't keep it on the ground.
Yep. :thumb:
Before adding huge amounts of horsepower your suspention should
be up to the task of handling it or you will be spinning losing control
of you mustang.

OP
OP
97stanger

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
well suspension wise i have springs, shocks/struts and before this stuff goes on i plan on getting u/l control arms and subframes...is that enough suspension work for what im throwing at it?? that and of course some d/r's

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
You should be close to that range.
The cams will be a big help under boost.

It will be bad ass!
we love pix, keep us updated!!! :banana:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online