Will my stock '98 cam gears bolt to PI cams from an '04 Mustang?

Reaction score
Hello, new to the forum. I did a quick search, but got a little confused because I don't know whether or not I have a Romeo or Windsor production engine. So I have a few questions:

1. Are my cam gears pressed or bolted on? (if they are pressed on, I don't plan on reusing them, I'll just buy new)
2. Will my cam gears mate with the 04 PI camshafts?
3. If I need to buy cam gears/bolts, does anyone have any suggestions where to find them?
4. Oh yeah, and how do I differentiate between Romeo and Windsor? I thought I read that it depends on your year, i.e. 96-98 = Romeo and 99-01 = Windsor and 02-04 = Romeo?????????? Something like that...

Thanks for your help.

Olstangguy

Reaction score
Your 98 is a romeo engine with bolt on gears. Your 04 PI cams are bolt on gear romeo engine cams. The gears are the same. The bolts however are different. You will need new cam bolts. Someone will correct me if I'm mistaken. Get new cam bolts from your ford dealer. 96-98 are Romeo 99-00 are Windsor 01-04 are Romeo again.
Your mustang looks real nice. Welcome to the forums.

OP
OP
S
Reaction score
Thanks dude... that's the exact confirmation I was looking for. Should be no problem getting those installed then. Just a few posts and I'm already benefitting, this forum is great!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TN95gt

Members online