Window problem

AHayes88

Reaction score
I've got a 1994 Mustang GT. The drivers side window was working fine and one day just didn't roll up. I went out and bought another motor and hooked it all up and it still didn't work. I then tested both of the motors and both worked when they weren't hooked up to the car. I checked and there is power going to the button. There is power going to the motor when I press the button down. There is power going to everything and there are no blown fuses or anything and it just doesn't work. I'd appreciate any help I can get here. Thanks.

OP
OP
A

AHayes88

Reaction score
By the way the switches both work. I switched them around and both moved the passenger window.

Anrev

Reaction score
Did you check for a proper ground at the motor?

BOS-94-003

Reaction score
Your drivers side window has a computer chip wired into the harness (plastic box about the size of a deck of cards). It could be bad. Its for the automatic roll down option when you tap the switch. It could be bad for several reasons. Most common is that it has got water in it at some time corroding the terminals. When mine went bad it tried to roll the window down and wouldn't stop, stripping out the gears in the motor. The motor gears themselves could also be stripped too, may appear to be working fine unmounted with no resistance but slip when the actual weight of the window is causing resistance. May help may not...good luck.

OP
OP
A

AHayes88

Reaction score
I missed that connection when I was hooking it up. I had the door panel off to the side so I didn't see it. I connected that and it works fine. Thanks O0

BOS-94-003

Reaction score
Glad to hear it was just a connection and not a part ($) problem.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwacaser

Members online

No members online now.