Window Problems and Motor & Switch are Good

Racsirx

Reaction score
Well, I thought I would share my window problem, my 94 convertible came with a window problem on the passenger rear and I thought when I bought the car that it was probably the window motor and I was wrong, the window motor and window switch were good, after some research I found that it was a bad wire and that the wiring coming out of the door before it goes into the body were known for problems, it was easy to find once I moved the rubber grommet out of the way

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
if you found the wire then fix it and it should be good. Wasn't aware of any regular problems with the windows.

OP
OP
R

Racsirx

Reaction score
if you found the wire then fix it and it should be good. Wasn't aware of any regular problems with the windows.

Yes I fixed it, I was told by my Ford Tech buddies that have seen it a lot for the past 16 years

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
the 5-wire system they use to drive the door locks is one of the more difficult to trouble shoot what is wrong. How did you determine the motor/switch were good?

OP
OP
R

Racsirx

Reaction score
the 5-wire system they use to drive the door locks is one of the more difficult to trouble shoot what is wrong. How did you determine the motor/switch were good?

Used a test light on the switches and plugged in another known good motor

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
well then if the wire, switch and motor are all good then I am at a loss as well. What happened when you swapped motors and this is all assuming that your test light showed there was power at the motor?

OP
OP
R

Racsirx

Reaction score
well then if the wire, switch and motor are all good then I am at a loss as well. What happened when you swapped motors and this is all assuming that your test light showed there was power at the motor?

I fixed it, it was a bad wire between the door and the body , I was just letting people know what I found out

OP
OP
R

Racsirx

Reaction score
a pic of the wire would be a great help for people that do a search later and find this.

its a group of wire that comes out the door, it could be any of them that could give a problem.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online

No members online now.