window tint

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Stuck waiting for parts I needed to tint my front windows as they were scratched when removing them. I had them done legally which I think here in indiana was 15%(maybe) but it was almost 10 yrs ago and just said to do it legally. Now after all this I didn't care about the legality because after some thought I have only ever known one person out of many that had an issue, and that was because he had his windshield tinted. So this time at the store there was 15%, 5% and 2.5%. I wanted it darker and probably would have been good with 10% but since they didn't have it I went with the 5%. Needless to say that shtuff is dark, darker then I am use to. Anyone had issues with them being too dark at night or getting hassled by the cops?

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
30 is legal on the front windows. Anything below is illegal. I’ve known a couple people who got hassled because they had modified cars with illegal tint. One had to peel it on the spot to keep from getting impounded.

15 and under is a nightmare to see out of at night. You will be rolling your windows down to see when your backing up.

https://www.carmeltint.com/indiana-window-tint-law.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Burninriverdiver

Reaction score
I've had 5% on my vehicles since high school (graduated in 07). I've been pulled over once in my truck by a state trooper but that was on the interstate in the middle of nowhere southern Ohio. He didn't ticket me but mentioned that he pulled me over because of my tint, I don't think the cops are after window tint violations but if they see a suspicious looking vehicle (like my stupid looking regular cab ranger on 35" tires) it gives them reasonable cause to pull them over. If you are driving sober with nothing to hide I don't think it's really an issue unless you live in a very strict area

PinkieT

Reaction score
Had tint on my old truck in Texas, no problem. Got pulled over in Peninsula (Burninriverdriver should know the town) for too dark side windows. Just got a warning, peeled it off. My next truck came with aftermarket tint, side and back windows, nice in the summer but hell at night. I open the sliding rear window to back up 24/7.

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I know legally that they are over the limit. The back window is actually lighter now lol. I have already been considering a back up camera and normally have the windows down anyway. Looking at it tonight I like it though, it will stay until I am told to take it off. Thankfully now that I do it myself its not that big of a deal.

Mustanger

Reaction score
My wife wanted a full legal tint on her new Mazda 3 so we did that. I did not expect to like it much but I do.....At times & the right angle it still looks darker & you cannot really see in very much....Following her in my truck I see her easily waving back at me so understand the cop's desire to see any activity going on inside....but what really got me thinking was that the legal tint keeps out the same amount of harmful sun rays & heat load!....I like that so much that I redid my Mustang side windows in a legal tint now & am happy with it. I have dark limo tint on the back & side rear quarter windows courtesy of my son when he owned it...I can't see anything anytime! LOL....Being old does not improve your night vision at all. I will remove the limo tints completely when I get a chance! With a black interior a legal tint still looks great IMO....

vtchopperdude

Reaction score
Gotta go 5% all the way around! Looks the best! I even did a rear vinyl strip on my rear window to cover up the dot matrix that doesn't hold tint well.

Attachments

• 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    225.3 KB · Views: 9

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online