window tinting

zulema

Reaction score
do you guys prefer your windows tinted or not? i'm undecided on what would look better. I have a 97 in autumn orange.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
eh your in cali don't they have pretty strict standards on it there? I love my tinted windows...

PinkieT

Reaction score
My Chrome Yellow GT came with yellow tinted windows. Kind trippy looking out at the passing scenery, if you know what I mean :p

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Lol Polarized sunglasses and window tint is pretty fun.

But yes, I love my windows being tinted, bust mostly to keep the car a little cooler, and protect the interior from UV a little better.

whiplash473

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Lol Polarized sunglasses and window tint is pretty fun.

First time I got polarized lenses I was driving home from the store and was like "man, what a shit tint job." At the guy in front of me. Then another. Then another. Then I realized I wasn't in one of my smartest moments.

Sent from my bored/stroked iPhone 6S

whiplash473

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I freaking hate polarized lenses!!!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

It's drives me a little nuts but I've gotten used to it. I should've just bought the one pair for fishing.

Sent from my bored/stroked iPhone 6S

Mustanger

Reaction score
We put legal tint on my wife's new Mazda3 & it keeps the same UV out of the interior as the darker tints! & it is just dark enough to look great, from some angles it is very hard to see into the interior! I highly recommend it for cool comfort, less deterioration of the interior and plain good looks on any car!

lutter94

Reaction score
We put legal tint on my wife's new Mazda3 & it keeps the same UV out of the interior as the darker tints! & it is just dark enough to look great, from some angles it is very hard to see into the interior! I highly recommend it for cool comfort, less deterioration of the interior and plain good looks on any car!

Whats the legal limits in your state?

Mustanger

Reaction score
Whats the legal limits in your state?

Darkness of tint is measured by Visible Light Transmission percentage (VLT%). InOregon, this percentage refers to percentage of visible light allowed in through the combination of film and the window. Non-reflective tint is allowed on the top 6 inches of the windshield. Must allow more than 35% of light in.

So our windows have to transmit MORE than 35% SUV's & pick up trucks can have darker tint behind the driver.

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Legal limit here is 70%, essentially nothing.. however I run 5% all around because I could care less! Black car, black interior too.

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
But yes tint is a must for several reasons, looks, protect the interior, and did I mention looks?

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I have actually been looking for a windshield uv blocking application and I thought all the tinters were trying to push them now but no one around here seems to know anything about it.

Mustanger

Reaction score
I like that idea! Never heard of it either...sure would protect the dash. But I don't want any darkening...getting hard to see at night as it is...gettin' old ain't for sissies!

JerZeyStangz

Reaction score
NJ blows with tint laws. You are not allowed to have the front two windows tinted which I believe are the most important. Its really a double standard because Leo's that I know have tints on their personal vehicles. The law is really for protecting police which I do not have a problem with but there is no provision for the law abiding citizen. NJ has crazy weather too from 100 degree summers to -4 winters so IDK, wish it would change.

Shifty Powers

Reaction score
used to be in NJ. The mustang and my past car when i was younger had 20% all around as well. I have sat next to cops and they have left me alone. Only got pulled over once for it. Was 6 am.. Cop thought it was limo tint. Payed the $25 and went about my business.
Its light enough to not be an issue unless you run into someone like that.
My buddy who always gets black cars (6-7 of them now and hes 30. I am talking brand new cars though too.) has never been pulled over for it in NJ either with 20%. So its a safe bet!

Hell in PA it has to allow more than 70% light in on front and back windows. So most of the time I guess they just leave people alone.

JerZeyStangz

Reaction score
I could probably pass with 25-35% because I have saddle/black two tone interior. My true blue project vert GT has similar combo with parchment/grey/brown interior as well. I live in area where is semi-strict for tinted windows, thats the thing about NJ, depending on which town you live or drive through you do not know the temperament of how they view tint. I know in South Jersey and PA is more relaxed about it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarthur1995

Members online