Window woes

i94ponycar

Reaction score
For a few days now my passanger window jerks around a little bit when going down. Then it stops after a couple inches. Same thing on the way up.

Any ideas?

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

TanTop94

Reaction score
How does the motor sound when going up and down? Jerking around sounds like it could be a regulator problem but our window motors just plain suck.

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
It's probably those plastic bushings in the motor gear drive.
When they start getting chewed up, the window starts jerking when going up and down till the bushings are completely chewed up and the window no worky no more

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
could be the bushings, could be wiring, could be the motor. As they said does the motor continue to make noise when the windows stops or can you hear the motor stopping as well?

carbuff

Reaction score
When my window was doing this it was the metal holder that the window is glued into. It had become unglued and it eventually fell off the track completely. The window glass is glued into 2 of these holders that follow the tracks. The front holder was still good and I was able to secure the back one in place with a coat hanger. The glass place wanted like 200 bucks to fix it. Cheaper to just find another window with good clips. Thats what I will do when my fix eventually fails. Mine is a 98.

OP
OP
I

i94ponycar

Reaction score
So pop that door open and start searching basically

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
see if the motor keep working while the window stops. That will let us know if its electrical or mechanical.

OP
OP
I

i94ponycar

Reaction score
It was the bushings. I replaced them with stainless 1/4 nuts and it works like new!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online