Winter Daily Driving

thelastofthem23004

Reaction score
Who here is not afraid to drive their cobra mustangs in the snow and ice? Here in NE i've driven mine all winter, with summer style tires (Cheap sumitomo summer tires)! It isnt exactly what I want to do, but its what I have to do. Any others having luck with snakes in the snow? Its been a nice experience for me so far. I can spin my tires for miles when I want to, but when I drive right I get all the grip I need to get going down the road. Is any one else having this luck? Or may I say: is any one else having this unlucky "forced to drive shit I'd rather not drive" luck with their cobras? This can apply to those who are forced to drive GTs in the winter as well. V6s dont count, cuz who cares about V6 mustangs in the snow. Sure it sucks to drive any mustang in the snow, but its V8 guys who really pay the price.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
V6 vs v8 doesn’t make a difference. It’s still rwd and it’s still all about the driver. I drove my gt in many of snow and ice storms when people thought I was nutz and I did just fine.

Difference is when I first learned to drive we always had snowy winters and I learned on old gravel backroads which can be just as dangerous to an uneducated driver.

My biggest concern for any mustang driven in the winter is that I hope your regularly taking it to a car wash that has under body spray to keep the chemical and salt build up down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

95opal

Reaction score
I drove 5 differnt foxbodies through NE winters during my younger years. Now I just dont do winter period.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I drove 5 differnt foxbodies through NE winters during my younger years. Now I just dont do winter period.

You cheat though, I know wheryou your at each winter!!!!!! Lol

Speaking of, call Chris and tell him to stop making excuses and work on the car!!! :)

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Always rwd for my winters. I drove a crown victoria mostly. Talk about no traction wet roads.

95opal

Reaction score
You cheat though, I know wheryou your at each winter!!!!!! Lol

Speaking of, call Chris and tell him to stop making excuses and work on the car!!! :)

Lol I dont cheat. I just dont do winter anymore...but like I said my younger years it waa two bags of sand and some 265/50/15 on telephone dials. Not a problem

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online