Winter Preppppp.

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Decided to go outside in 40 degree weather, in shorts, and detail the 95' for winter. Foamed it with ChemicalGuys V07, followed by a coat of Blacklight, then a coat of Buttery Wet Wax. I polished the exhaust, and the lips on the beater wheels. Got them snow tya's on. I did the Mach a few weeks ago, it'll stay covered all winter. But shit, the 95' cleaned up pretty well. The whole undercarriage is undercoated, so salt isn't an issue. Decided to spray my gas tank straps green, same paint as my brakes. I dig it. Anywaysss. Enjoy

Burninriverdiver

Reaction score
Your beater rims are in better shape than my regular rims... I need to quit being a cheap ass and get a decent looking set. Your car looks great man

Michael Plummer

Reaction score
Aah, you remind me of the days when I ran BLIZZAK snow tires on all fours. BTW, you did a good job cleaning the exterior and those are some nice wheels for winter wheels, you must have $$$ coming out of your pockets. With that said, you should take a road trip and give Carbon Copy the same cleaning treatment.......my garage has heat.

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Your beater rims are in better shape than my regular rims... I need to quit being a cheap ass and get a decent looking set. Your car looks great man

They're decent honestly, they got beat up sitting in storage haha. I want your headlights! Thanks though dude!

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Aah, you remind me of the days when I ran BLIZZAK snow tires on all fours. BTW, you did a good job cleaning the exterior and those are some nice wheels for winter wheels, you must have $$$ coming out of your pockets. With that said, you should take a road trip and give Carbon Copy the same cleaning treatment.......my garage has heat.

Hahaha that's exactly what these are, blizzak ws70s. I used stock crappy tires two winters ago, and swore it was either get a cheap beater or snow tires. One less insurance payment haha. Yeah thanks! Took me like 3-4 hours, all by hand. Didn't feel like breaking out the buffer lol. That would be a sick detail! The wheels aren't that nice honestly, I'm just picky and like everything to look presentable ya know? Even in winter mode, everything should be clean and protected. I need more money so I can get a 331 and turbo it. I have a full trickflow top end kit waiting to go on haha, but my T5 is crapping out. So T56/TKO in the near future.

apjones252

Reaction score
How does that exhaust sound?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
How does that exhaust sound?

Music to my ears. Mac longtubes, mac shorty offroad h, borla stinger s types.
Clip was taken back in February. I love the setup, so much that I bought a borla stinger catback for my mach 1. At around 2800-3k plus rpms, clutch in and rev, sounds like a vicious gunshot haha
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yu1bYm5FK4I

apjones252

Reaction score
That sounds beautiful thanks for sharing the clip. I'm doing my exhaust really soon. I think I have a cracked manifold so starting there. But I was looking into bbk long tube heads for the 96-04stang because of the reviews I've read on power difference. How would you say the Mac headers perform to other exhausts you've heard? Also I don't remember if you stated before but is this a v8?

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
That sounds beautiful thanks for sharing the clip. I'm doing my exhaust really soon. I think I have a cracked manifold so starting there. But I was looking into bbk long tube heads for the 96-04stang because of the reviews I've read on power difference. How would you say the Mac headers perform to other exhausts you've heard? Also I don't remember if you stated before but is this a v8?

Thank you! Bbk and Mac are both good brands for headers. If you wanna spend a lot, Kooks, Bassani are better options. But honestly bbk is a good brand for headers, you'd be alright. The Mac's perform nicely, fitment wise its good, sound and power gains also good. Yessir its a V8

apjones252

Reaction score
Thank you! Bbk and Mac are both good brands for headers. If you wanna spend a lot, Kooks, Bassani are better options. But honestly bbk is a good brand for headers, you'd be alright. The Mac's perform nicely, fitment wise its good, sound and power gains also good. Yessir its a V8
Ok I'll look more into it. The fitment is the only thing that makes me sceptical based upon reviews I've seen on most. Not to mention I am working with a 96, v6 3.8 so bit of a different result but still should be a pretty good upgrade for this pony.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online