Winter question...For those of you that live where there is snow

spacemonkey

Reaction score
Since I live in kansas is is never to late to start thinking about winter.Plus I sold the pimp wagon and without a DD.I had a 94 GT about 3 yrs ago and after that last snow swore I would never own another Stang again.Well here I am with another.My question is for those of you who drive yous daily.Do you swap out wheels for winter?If not how the hell do you get around?I thought about v6 wheels and snow tires.All I know is. I don't wanna be that guy that at every stop light I had two blocks of cars behind because all I could do is 15-20mph sideways again. :'( I just bought a house so a 3rd vehicle is not a option this year.
Oh yea.I drive for a living so it not a lack of how to drive in the snow. :D

94Vert

Reaction score
judging from your sig you have stock rated tires. if so you probably don't have to swap them. but if you want the absolute best buy some cheap steel rims and get snow tires. mine isn't a daily driver because i have a work vehicle but their are times when i have to drive it in the winter. i buy high performance all season tires and have had good success with them.

ranger50toy

Reaction score
Get a set of V6 rims and the skinniest tires that will fit on them. Have them siped. You will still have to be careful with the gas because it will be easy to blaze them.

el docum

Reaction score
Hello,

A V8 Mustang is not a car made for the winter season, I live in Canada, you can drive a V6 whit 4 goods winter tire, but a GT it's not a good idea, the car got to much torque, you will have to drive very carefully.

F.

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
I drove my Cobra through one winter here in upstate NY. With the summer tires it was next to impossible but once i got a full set of snow tires the thing was a total beast in the snow. I had Dunlop winter sport M2s in 245/45-17s and it was great in the snow, very easy to drive and predictable. I would have gotten 15 or 16" wheels but I needed something to clear the Cobra brakes, so I have no doubt it's doable with smaller and more narrow tires.

bigjohnson4.6gt

Reaction score
i drive mine in the winter and switch to my stock gt rims with some dunlop winter tires all around, and 4 buckets of sand in the trunk, as long as im cautious im completely in control of it

OP
OP
S

spacemonkey

Reaction score
Now thats the kind of info I was looking for O0. Thanks.Im gonna get some dunlops for my factorys.My 94 had brand new Falken all season tires and 200lbs of dry wall mud in the trunk.I was like driving on a treadmill.

drifts14x

Reaction score
Why not buy a 91 Camry or something as a winter beater? $1000 on tires v $1000 on a new car to beat up with snow?

DakotaKid95gt

Reaction score
only had my car for one winter so far up here in South Dakota , but switching back to stock rims with narrower snow tires & a couple 50 lb bags of ballast in the trunk worked well or me......just be very easy on the go pedal and don't attempt to bust any drift taller than your grill

el docum

Reaction score
drifts14x said:
Why not buy a 91 Camry or something as a winter beater? $1000 on tires v $1000 on a new car to beat up with snow?

I agree, even if you can drive a Mustang in winter, this season are hard for the car, so if you got a clean Mustang it's better to find a good winter beater, many Mustang owners do it in my local Club.

F.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwacaser

Members online