Winter upgrades

Mustang Lola

Reaction score
So I have a few plans for over the winter to put some money into my car and I was just wondering what all you guys have done and how successful your upgrades have been...

I'm looking at putting in:
8.8 posi rear end
3.73 gears
MAC dual exhaust
supercharger
cold air intake
as well as the guages and a few other items...

my main question for you V6'ers or anyone one who know's what would be best... as to what supercharger to go with and what kinda successes others have had with theres, as well as horror stories. Any feedback will be appreciated...thanks.

Oh and if you're just gonna tell me I'm wasting my money putting this shit in a 6er, save yourself the energy, I already know and I don't really care, it's only money...

Greggerex

Reaction score
I've got the 3.73 gears (put in early this year) - they're MUCH better than the stock 2.73s. I was stupid, though - I didn't lock the diff at the same time... so now I've got the T-Lok on the way to be done next year. So make sure that 8.8 is locked (pretty sure it is, if it's from another Stang).

As for an s/c - I went the way of doing an M90 swap from a T-Bird Super Coupe. It's not a bad option for our Stangs (typical 200rwhp & 320rwtq without supporting mods). I stress this: Make sure you have ALL the parts if you go this route. Tomorrow will be 7 weeks since I started this conversion. Should be done REAL soon (a matter of days), but most of my time was waiting for parts after I discovered I needed more...

Can you have a CAI with an s/c? Somebody else comment on this... if you get a CAI, I would say this - our cars have been around for over 15 years. The technology is old news. I got a CAI off eBay for like $25 - if you do this, just buy a better filter for the end (found out the crappy one mine came with fell apart).

I think that's all I have to say for now... :)

philoldsmobile

Reaction score
not much really...

orders some decals last week, and some clear front turn signals today, will order a CAI next week, and a catback after christmas..

other than that, i got to concerntrate on finishing my kawasaki GPz restoration ready for spring..

94stangr

Reaction score
Over the winter I want to

fix my clutch (Put in a centreforce dual friction)
change my struts and springs (kyb gr2 and steeda springs)
3.73 gears w/ T-Lok

I think thats all I am going to do over the winter because I want to goto the 99+ split port as my next major mod but before I can swap that on I want to build a huge parts pile so I can build a N/A bad ass motor.

Stuff I want
Ported heads with full machine work
Ported upper/lower intake
70mm BBK throttle body
.600 lift valve springs / stainless int/exh valves
cam regrind
24# or bigger injectors
upgraded fuel pump
headers, xpipe, magnaflow cats, flowmaster mufflers
Nitrous
under drive pulley
CAI

tuned with a SCT X2 w/ wideband

I think thats everything I want..

white98stang

Reaction score
i also want to do a little work on my a cai and y pipe bolt on by mac over the cold season

OP
OP
M

Mustang Lola

Reaction score
philoldsmobile said:
not much really...

orders some decals last week, and some clear front turn signals today, will order a CAI next week, and a catback after christmas..

other than that, i got to concerntrate on finishing my kawasaki GPz restoration ready for spring..

oh dear God don't tell me you ordered GT decals? Don't put them on a V6! I've got GT decals but they sit in my room not on my car.

already got a few things done to my car but not to much, more cosmetic than anything
-headers
-Hurst short shifter with T bar handle
-heavy duty clutch
-kenny brown lowering springs
-K &N
-as for cosmetic, tinted all around, in dash dvd player, crome cobra R's, smoked head lights (yes I do have the rear spoiler on my 6er, looks nasty without one) and a few odds and ends (best investment is my radar detector!!)
-And most importantly I keep up on my T/U's and L/O/F's <------that saves the life of cars

philoldsmobile

Reaction score
Mustang Lola said:
philoldsmobile said:
not much really...

oh dear God don't tell me you ordered GT decals? Don't put them on a V6! I've got GT decals but they sit in my room not on my car.

oh lordy no... these are just the stripes that run along just above the rocker panel, they have one thin stripe one thick, then another thin. at the front of the door they say 'mustang' not mustang GT

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&viewitem=&item=170051264238

blown95sixer

Reaction score
Not sure to what i will be doing. I just sold my vortech. Thought about getting a procharger instead, but i will be getting air ride, lt's, h pipe. Finish getting my car painted with all her new parts. Powdercoating the engine in black and chrome. Then i hope to get blue flames airbrushed on the front of my car and 03 cobra seats.

Greggerex

Reaction score
blown95sixer said:
Not sure to what i will be doing. I just sold my vortech. Thought about getting a procharger instead, but i will be getting air ride, lt's, h pipe. Finish getting my car painted with all her new parts. Powdercoating the engine in black and chrome. Then i hope to get blue flames airbrushed on the front of my car and 03 cobra seats.

Uhh... have you gotten a Photochop done to see what it'd look like before you commit to something like that?

Or are you kidding? :-X

:)

Brickyard

Reaction score
Man, now my mod list seems small an insigificant comparitivly lol.

Black bumper inserts
Black top installed
Black spoiler
Black taillight bezels
Black two tone door panels/interior panels
Black painted lower rear valence
Mach 1 rolled tips
Foglights

I need to go make a jy run lol.

blown95sixer

Reaction score
Greggerex said:
blown95sixer said:

Uhh... have you gotten a Photochop done to see what it'd look like before you commit to something like that?

Or are you kidding? :-X

:)

Well see thats last on my list and of course im really going to look into that before i do it.

Greggerex

Reaction score
Right on.

Well, post up the chops when you get them done so we can all take a look.

8)

philoldsmobile

Reaction score
Greggerex said:
philoldsmobile said:
oh lordy no... these are just the stripes that run along just above the rocker panel, they have one thin stripe one thick, then another thin. at the front of the door they say 'mustang' not mustang GT

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&viewitem=&item=170051264238

They look nice - what color is your Stang?

its pearl silver.. i believe its an export only colour, as i have never seen it on any US spec car, only the cars sold new in Japan (as mine was)

its similar to the normal silver, but flips subtly into blue or gold, depending on light.. its really hard to capture on a photo though..

this pic was taken on sunday (thats my friends thunderbird SC next to it), you can kinda see the the blue flip, its only a subtle blue, but its noticable in the right light

normal_MKB_Meet_Dec_06_Pic_009.JPG

normal_MKB_Meet_Dec_06_Pic_007.JPG

Greggerex

Reaction score
Awesome - looks great dude.

How about taking apart his engine and sending me a bunch of parts... ;D

Hmmm, what do I need these days... fuel rail (blew mine up), IAT sensor & plug, CPS & hub. :nonono:

philoldsmobile

Reaction score
Greggerex said:
Awesome - looks great dude.

How about taking apart his engine and sending me a bunch of parts... ;D

Hmmm, what do I need these days... fuel rail (blew mine up), IAT sensor & plug, CPS & hub. :nonono:

Thanks, the stang is still pretty showroom fresh, it had 23,000 miles on it when i bought it in summer... now at 31,000

i think she's notice them missing (she's old enough to be my mum BTW!) shes sold it now, it goes next week, and has a C5 vette on the way.. she's also got a super nice 350 92 trans am, and 2 Yamaha R1's...

she's also a regualr at the nurburgring! not the typical female cop!

identity_Crisis

Reaction score
my winter mods lits is scary lol
the most important to me is the wheels

436832_717_full.jpg

17x10.5 bullets
spec stage 3+ clutch
built tranny
aluminum drive shaft
meth injection
drive shaft loop
6 point cage
new pully for the procharger
80mm Maf
tubular K member
and new control arms

identity_Crisis

Reaction score
Greggerex said:
Sweet.

Do you have any dyno/ET results? :santa_afro:
no e/t results i exploded the tranny the day befor track day this year actually the stock clutch let go and took out the tranny but it makes a hell of a noise lol
im running 275/35/17 MT drag radials on a stock 17x8 bullet
and 315/35/17 street tires on the 10.5 bullets

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online

No members online now.