Wire Tuck questions

99GreenStang

Reaction score
Hey guys and gals I have a few questions , I have my motor out as of now doing some upgrades and I was wondering what all is involved in doing a simple wiring tuck and how is it done? I would like responses from people who have done this theirselves if possible and give me some step by step directions on How to do this and what I will need and what to do and not to do. Thank you for reading ! God bless !

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
It would really help if you provided us with what car we're talking about as well as the motor.

OP
OP
99GreenStang

99GreenStang

Reaction score
Well lol not trying to be smart lol but my name is 99 Greenstang and theres a picture of a 302 . But its a 99 mustang original v6 car with a 308 carb motor in it my friend thank you for replying !

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
its a little more in depth then I think some have led on imo. I spent a career in wiring so it wasn't all that big of a deal for me but it still took some time to figure out where I wanted to run it, which ones I had too extend, running new wires here/there...

OP
OP
99GreenStang

99GreenStang

Reaction score
Well I have lets see an adjustable fan controller , hei wires , started solenoid wires , alternator wires , tach wire , and the most of the wires are already In loom but most are from my adjustable Trans controller but not hidden as well as I'd like . Then I also have all the factory wiring in the car . Any good techniques for running wire look making it look really clean ? Most of my wires come out on the passenger side firewall and go to right behind the passenger headlight with the exception of the Trans controller wires which come out of the driver side grommet by the brake canister . Thanks for all replies sorry if it's a lot to read or confusing I'm not trying to make it that way ! God bless !

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I ran the hrns down to the bottom of the core support myself down under the apron coming out by the abs box. As for extending wires and making them look clean I measured how much I needed to extend the wires and then cut all the lengths of wire I needed at the same time. Then simply cut a wire, solder the length of wire you cut, insulate and then cut the next wire. Do them one at at time and you really can't mess it up unless you really mess up.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online