Wired Electrical Issue

Vettn71

Reaction score
I changed out the dash in my 96 GT with a a2002 dash. I used the harness out of the 96, retailed all the wiring and inspected it for any cut or worn areas. Everything was wrapped with Scoth 88 electrical rape. I did this same swap on my 95 with no problems. The engine is out of the car being rebuilt BTW. When I connect the battery the turn signals don't work and the THEFT light comes on steady. All worked fine before. I'm using the same key as always. All the electrical connectors are made up. There are two connectors in one harness at the top driver side kick panel area, but they were not connected to anything before. One is kind is triangular with two round pins, while the other is rectangular with two rows of flat pins. I took pictures, but all I have is an iPad and I can't transfer pictures from Photobucket to here.

any ideas on what to chevk

TIA

Jim

OP
OP
Vettn71

Vettn71

Reaction score
A coupl other things to go along with this. All the gauges (except the speedo and tach) drive to the right. I pulled the instrument cluster and all the connections are good, no crossing of the metal strips at the connectors. I also dropped the steering column and all those connectors look good. I'm also using the same instrument cluster that goes with the car, and the key.

Jim

07GtS197

Reaction score
Since this all started after you swapped the dash Id say somewhere along the way of swapping the dash something didnt get connected properly. The gauges not working seems like a fuse has blown (happened to me once) and something has tripped the anti theft. Your best bet is to check the fuses then retrace your steps to see what you missed.

OP
OP
Vettn71

Vettn71

Reaction score
I looked in the engine compartment again and it looks like both the connectors on that side are disconnected, which means the pcm isn't getting power or communicating with anything. I'll have to see where the harnesses are and try to hook them up

Thanks for the reply

Jim

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online