Wiring help from stock ecu harness to ne holley terminator x

Cobra82

Reaction score
So I setup and got the holley terminator x kit for my 95 mustang and using the fox body kit as it plugs in to all the sensors as of now. There was a good video of a guy installing the terminator x kit in his 94 cobra and he wanted to keep his stock dash working. So he doesn't really explain what he removed from the stock computer harness that runs to the engine harness and transmission harness and the 3 smaller plugs that run next to the computer that has the ground wire. He didn't know what the 3 plugs were for but im guess the dash cluster. He took out all the wires that was no longer getting used like ac and what not and he kept the plug for the right abs sensor as well. . Here is a screen shot of his YouTube channel. Im so lost with the wiring. I can't find anything on what the plugs are for or what they run or a wiring diagram. Anyone ever do this before any help.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210316-121956_YouTube.jpg
    Screenshot_20210316-121956_YouTube.jpg
    141 KB · Views: 13

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I went with the digital dash so I could see the real numbers of what was going on. I never liked the stock dash enough to have to keep it.

OP
OP
Cobra82

Cobra82

Reaction score
I went with the digital dash so I could see the real numbers of what was going on. I never liked the stock dash enough to have to keep it.
Yeah I definitely understand that but didn't want to fork out another 700+ for a dash kit as to not even having the system even installed. Its like every time I turn around it's another 1000$ just to make something work. Im got to get the dual sync distributor still and oil pressure switch and fuel switch witch from holley is 140 each sensor. And now probably have to ditch the older 6al msd box and up date it to the dig 6al. The holley terminator was 1200 its self. Its been 10 years since this car seen any road. Im not good at wiring at all its the one thing I've not liked or good at. So this is a big learning curve for me. Everyone makes it look so easy.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
your preaching to the choir as any of us that made the switch to holley have had these same complaints. Its not cheap shit, but its not cheap shit... We completely understand the need to draw a line and stop somewhere.

OP
OP
Cobra82

Cobra82

Reaction score
Lol right my wife going to have me sleeping in my dang car if this keeps up. I want to switch to the holley dash but a little later down the road after I get the car going and hope nothing else need to be changed or done.

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
Get the autometer gauge panel and run regular old gauges. You can get cheap gauges that still work. Also, instead of the dual sync, could you get a cam position sensor and run LS coil packs instead of using a msd box?

The options are limitless, as long as you can read a wiring diagram.

I don’t have any complaints with how my Holley installed. The wiring for these is super simple. I had mine installed and running on my coyote in 14 days only working on it in the evenings after work.

OP
OP
Cobra82

Cobra82

Reaction score
I am not sure why the old msd box would not work if you already have it.
What dash kit are you using and was it hard to install with the terminator x system? You have a Facebook maybe we could video call and I can show what I have and maybe I can get some guidance on maybe what I have and if I need to change things. Everyone keeps telling me everything is old stuff and to update it all. I have the msd pro distributor to . I can build a bad ass motor hands down just never been good with wiring anything.

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
Sure, the msd should work fine, but if you have the capability to simplify the system and make it better, why not do it? The D585 Ls coils are hands down the strongest spark you can get. They are easily driven with one wire for each coil and they have overdwell protection meaning you can’t burn them up if your tune is wrong.

This is the dash in my car that I am talking about. It’s a plastic panel that replaces your cluster and you put in whatever gauges you want.

AE67B46A-B3DF-4209-97C3-9F6BC732A780.jpeg

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
What dash kit are you using and was it hard to install with the terminator x system? You have a Facebook maybe we could video call and I can show what I have and maybe I can get some guidance on maybe what I have and if I need to change things. Everyone keeps telling me everything is old stuff and to update it all. I have the msd pro distributor to . I can build a bad ass motor hands down just never been good with wiring anything.
I have the digital dash and not sure what the kit is that made it fit. White will have to answer that as I got it from him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online