Wiring help needed!!

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Are you looking on the viper harness? Pretty sure I see an orange wire on a couple of the pics but the color might be off. It looks pretty old and the colors can fade/change with time.

OP
OP
Werecow

Werecow

Reaction score
It will crank up with only this one plugged in in this pic. The other 2 harnesses that were plugged into it are unplugged... That's why I'm a Lil bit confused... IMG_20200225_152222999.jpg

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
if I see it right on the pics, the orange wire is at the end of the large white harness next to the white parking light wire(with the fuse).

OP
OP
Werecow

Werecow

Reaction score
Those wires to the right of the box aren't plugged into it now. I just unplugged those and it still cranks fine.. the green wire bundle is the one that kills the start circuit when I unplug it..

OP
OP
Werecow

Werecow

Reaction score
Its a model 800... Hey thanks for the assist i really appreciate it!!!

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
well unfortunately for you I wasn't wrong the 6 wire harness on the side is for the door locks and the orange wire is on the end of the white harness is for the starter kill. Needless to say though it doesn't exactly look like the best install so they could have done nearly anything. But with this being said the way their starter kill is supposed to work is that it will still start if the alarm is completely dead so something is up.

OP
OP
Werecow

Werecow

Reaction score
Really stupid question.. what do they use for a hot on this box? The green? If so that may make sense... The other wire clusters are still fused even tho still not plugged in.. in some goofy way if the box is getting power thru the green or some other lead, would that still energize the kill wire even tho it's not plugged into the box but it's fused and getting power from elsewhere? I'm just reaching here...oooh!!! Just remembered!!! Also if it matters... The doors have been swapped out on the car too... If anything like the rest of the car I doubt it was done right and I don't have a doorkey to attempt anything with the doorlocks, with that craziness going on if I try it with the doors open I don't wanna activate a frakkin ejection seat!!

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
The green wires just go to a pair of relays that actuate when you lock/unlock the car. If you were to follow them and they were wired correctly they would go to a pink/green or pink/yellow wire on the stock side. Being relays, they can be wired into anything and could be wired into the starter kill but this would be a new alarm trick to me. Not saying it can't happen as there are a million little tricks to learn but not sure how this would work. Get a pic of the wiring up under the steering column/ignition harness as well as any other connections in the drivers kick panel.

OP
OP
Werecow

Werecow

Reaction score
Okees, will do, it may be a while tho... Gotta wait on cold snap/rainy/snowy/shitty weather to clear out.. dunno how good it'll be, at this point I'm really considering pulling out the front seat so I can get to this mess.. At least that'll gimme a good opportunity to grease up the gears an such under it as it's got carthritis....

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online