wiring up cooling fans

rideman

Reaction score
I just bought a new 3 core radiator for my 95 gt convertible. I radiator came with 2- 10" fans. My stock fan and shroud do not fit with new radiator. I want to know if anybody has converted from stock fan to aftermarket fans and how did they wire them up. Thanks for any info!

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
Do you want to use the factory sensors? Are the fans single speed or 2 speed fans.

OP
OP
R

rideman

Reaction score
I think they are single speed . I would like to use the factory set-up, maybe single fan for low speed and both fans for high speed. I think I will need a relay with a diode ? The radiator and fans will arrive next week and I want to instal over next weekend .

Green00gt

Reaction score
I would wire one fan to the low speed an one fan to the high speed an see how it works out. Or just pig tail the both with the high an low

IPhone set

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
The CCRM has either the factory fan on low OR hi. So if you use the factory wiring you'll have 1 fan on low then it will shut off and then the other fan will kick on for hi speed. but not both at the same time. The relay and diode sounds like what you'll need to have both fans on at the same but I'm not real sure how to wire it up.

$2.99

Reaction score
here is a diagram for wiring it up. the red/orange wire and the orange/light blue wire are the ones originally going to the fan. this way will run both fans at the same time. when either the EDF relay or the HEDF relay in the CCRM activates, it will trigger the 2 relays for the fans and allow power to go from the battery to the fans.​

Mustang-94-95-CCRM-AC-Diagram.gif

dcolli10

Reaction score
I know I am reviving an old thread. But quick question on this topic. If you are wiring the stock fan into a standalone situation and deleting the CCRM. Do you power both the high and low speed at the same time when upping to high speed. Or do you need to turn off low speed input and just have high speed relay trigger the high speed side of the wiring when you want it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online

No members online now.