Wish I had 25k

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
the older GT500s are pretty ugly imo, that Roush is a way better looking car all around. not saying I'd drop 25g on it, but its a really nice car you won't find everywhere.

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
Hey, to each their own...I think it would look badass with the right setup...some bigs/littles, right color combo.

Id still rock a gt500 over a worked up sn95 all day everyday.

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
what sports car doesn't look badass on bigs/littles? hell, you've proven it even works on sedans.

True, still.

If im gonna spend 25k on a car it aint gonna be a hopped up 2v with a body kit.

Damn sure can bet I would be getting into a gt500 for that money.

KillNThrill24

Legend
Reaction score
I'd get into a Terminator and use the remaining 10k in mods personally.

Still.. awesome looking car

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

fiveohwblow

Reaction score
Are we really debating about which 4 thousand pound car we want over the other? An sn at least still has partial dignity in regards to being a performance platform given weight is the antithesis of all that is speed.

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
Are we really debating about which 4 thousand pound car we want over the other? An sn at least still has partial dignity in regards to being a performance platform given weight is the antithesis of all that is speed.

By your logic everyone should sell their cars and buy Honda crx's

fiveohwblow

Reaction score
Ya....my last comment went over your head bud.

Maybe you should head back to first grade for some reading comprehension if you dont get it yet lol

No it didn't. I didn't give it any merit because it was based in sarcastic overtones with the intent to belittle someone you know nothing about.

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
Not at all. I was making a point. You were making a claim that sn cars were better performance cars based on weight. That's a retarded statement as the "4k" lb cars as you say outperform them as well as other 4k lb+ cars regardless of being heavier.

I said to buy a crx because they weigh nothing. By your logic they would perform way better than our cars because they are light even though we all know that is false.

Get it yet?

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
Also terminators arent 4k lbs.

Theyre a little over 3650 and they can drop nearly 200 lbs with a sra swap and rear seat delete which would take them down to less than 3500 which isnt too terrible.

fiveohwblow

Reaction score
Not at all. I was making a point. You were making a claim that sn cars were better performance cars based on weight. That's a retarded statement as the "4k" lb cars as you say outperform them as well as other 4k lb+ cars regardless of being heavier.

I said to buy a crx because they weigh nothing. By your logic they would perform way better than our cars because they are light even though we all know that is false.

Get it yet?

Again I got it. I don't engage in Internet measuring contests but love to engage in mature discourse if someone and I disagree. Your approach appeared to me as though it was headed towards the former. That said, I was very specific in my choice of words in comparing an sn95 and s197 citing the sn as a better "platform" given its weight and distribution. Platform in my mind lends itself to the notion you wish to use it as a basis from which to improve. I feel as though the sn offers this.

fiveohwblow

Reaction score
Also terminators arent 4k lbs.

Theyre a little over 3650 and they can drop nearly 200 lbs with a sra swap and rear seat delete which would take them down to less than 3500 which isnt too terrible.

When weighing the one I frequently drive it was 4k in street trim with driver. I've never seen one at 3500 but that doesn't in any way mean it's not possible. That said, it's still an sn platform which lends itself to argue in my favor. Still lighter than the s197.

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
I understand... Hard to remove weight....i just think technology overcomes this in some ways.

My 4200 lb Cadillac would outperform my 3100 lb mustang in every way. Just everything is designed and engineered better

All depends on your goals i suppose

fiveohwblow

Reaction score
I understand... Hard to remove weight....i just think technology overcomes this in some ways.

My 4200 lb Cadillac would outperform my 3100 lb mustang in every way. Just everything is designed and engineered better

All depends on your goals i suppose

Completely agreed. To your point Godzilla is a great example of that.

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
Yep exactly. Fastest production car on nurburgring 2014 nismo and weighs damn near 4k pounds

Sent from my LG-VS980 using Tapatalk

fiveohwblow

Reaction score
Unfortunately I don't think as much engineering went into making the s197 a better AND LIGHTER platform to make it advanced enough beyond the sn.

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
Unfortunately I don't think as much engineering went into making the s197 a better AND LIGHTER platform to make it advanced enough beyond the sn.

Ya i agree. This new 2015 might be different though
Looks like they finally put a real irs in it and dropped some weight.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vallybell

Members online