Wool Pad and Racing Stripes

mct96gt

Reaction score
I've heard that wool pads are not really that great to use with DA polishers and should only be used on rotaries. Is this true? Any advice on this?

Second I'm about to detail and polish a car with vinyl racing stripes. How should those be treated during the detail? Tape them off and don't polish them? Is it safe to seal and wax them however? Thanks for the help.

OH yeah and is there a difference in like detailing APC (i.e. meg's apc, adams apc, 1z apc, etc etc) and something like simple green??

G

GREG@SN95

I wouldn't think it matter whether or not the buffer is DA or rotary with wool pads... I've never heard of any such thing, but I also learned how to use a buffer with a rotary and never touched a DA in my life. Regardless, I almost never use wool pads, foam pad work damn near as well, don't make a mess, and are harder to screw up while using. You should just invest 30 bucks in some decent foam pads.

The vinyl spripes don't really matter. If you apply too much pressure with a rotary you could remove them, but with a DA you shouldn't have any issues... just don't apply alot of pressure. You should wax them, vinyl, just like paint and metal oxidizes so its good to use some type of protection...

Lastly... APC is APC... I don't care what anyone says... 409, simple green, purple power, chemical guys shit, spray 9 and the 100 other brands will yeild the same result... Some may work a bit better then others but for the most part they are the same... I use cheap concentrated all purpose on motors, wheels, carpets, leather, cloth, headliner, you name it... However, I dilute it more for carpets then motors... Whatever you buy, follow the instructions on the label... If you're unsure as to how much to dilute, a little extra water won't hurt, you'll just have to work a bit harder...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TN95gt

Staff online

Members online