WOOT. Track day/night/evening!

FIVELITERS

Reaction score
Well the day has finally come and alot later than i thought it would. A track day. :D

My boy informed me that him and his VW 2006 GLI plus a bunch of buddies that own vdubs (i think its a club) are going to be at kennedale raceway (pretty popular 1/8th mile strip down here in DFW texas) tonight and he's invited me to come "watch". I dont know the details yet but i think i have decided that i'll run my stang for the very first time if i'm allowed to. Should be fun and nice to get a base time to work off of for modding in the future.

You read right folks, this will be my very first trip to a track of any kind with the stang and i'm VERY excited! :banana:

I will most definitely get a vid or two.

Post up your predictions for times lol, me personally if i get anything higher than a 10 i'll be stoked. :rollinglaugh:

Everyone make detailed guesses and the person to get closest will receive 100 credits to shop at my imaginary hat store extravaganza.

Wish me luck! O0

OP
OP
F

FIVELITERS

Reaction score
slow-six said:
wish you luck man, and have fun. O0

Thank you very much, i'm sure i will.

And btw, if any of you are in the DFW area maybe a few of you that are interested would like to show up. I know its short notice, but it'd be cool to meet
up with a few of you guys. O0

OP
OP
F

FIVELITERS

Reaction score
Paul said:
Try not to get beat by a VeeDub. :)

I promise that i will. lol.

The guy that invited me has some turbo work done and has broken the 300hp range, while i am completely stock. But thats ok, its all in fun.

Plus my first mod is going to be a nice 100-125 shot so i'll be in the lead then. ;)

OP
OP
F

FIVELITERS

Reaction score
UPDATE!

The track day is in fact tomorrow and not tonight, so i will be running the stang tomorrow at the same location. Its gonna be great.

As i mentioned before, there will be video.

Also, for those that dont know or forgot, my car is a 1995 auto GT.

I'm hoping for somewhere in the mid nines, anyone think different? :dunno:

I SO ES-EYE-TED. :D

S

scarface

FIVELITERS said:
Thanks bro! :banana:
I ran into SGT MAJ Sidwell last night...he snuck up on me at a carnival...turned around around and he was just standing there. Just like old times. :)

OP
OP
F

FIVELITERS

Reaction score
:lol:

That sneeky little ******! I knew him very well, he was my fave tac.

S

scarface

FIVELITERS said:
:lol:

That sneeky little ******! I knew him very well, he was my fave tac.
mine too...remember I worked directly with him. 95 bnd Co commander here.

OP
OP
F

FIVELITERS

Reaction score
Oh wait.

Sgt major lol.

Thats the scary guy with the haunch that could kill you with his fingertip right? I was thinking of his son lol.

Sgt major scares me.
indif.gif

Is that story that went around true where he wore a hunters orange jumpsuit into the woods playing paintball with a bunch of cadets and formulated
a guille suit of brush and leaves and sticks and hid in trees and swam in water and pwned all 13 of them without even being seen?

Thats the definition of a man right there. ;D

One of the years that i went there he was showing off a plaque he had just recieved from the military confirming his 100th kill in vietnam lol.

S

scarface

FIVELITERS said:
Oh wait.

Sgt major lol.

Thats the scary guy with the haunch that could kill you with his fingertip right? I was thinking of his son lol.

Sgt major scares me.
indif.gif

Is that story that went around true where he wore a hunters orange jumpsuit into the woods playing paintball with a bunch of cadets and formulated
a guille suit of brush and leaves and sticks and hid in trees and swam in water and pwned all 13 of them without even being seen?

Thats the definition of a man right there. ;D

One of the years that i went there he was showing off a plaque he had just recieved from the military confirming his 100th kill in vietnam lol.
you are thinking of Mike Sidwell...I graduated with him.

YEs the story is true about the painballers.. I played against him for 4 years :)

He is a natural born killer :) He is/was/always will be role model. I joined the military because of him.

OP
OP
F

FIVELITERS

Reaction score
Oh no, its welcome, not everything about FUMA was bad, its fun to reminisce sometimes especially with you big boy. :naughty:

S

scarface

FIVELITERS said:
Oh no, its welcome, not everything about FUMA was bad, its fun to reminisce sometimes especially with you big boy. :naughty:
whhhhhoooooowwwww nelly!

OP
OP
F

FIVELITERS

Reaction score
scarface said:
FIVELITERS said:
whhhhhoooooowwwww nelly!

:rollinglaugh:

Well i went yesterday, it was incredibly awesome, although, i didnt get to run my stang and neither did anyone else, it was just a bracket racing type day with a bunch of different classes, they had open wheel and also door slamming super mods or something like that, it was awesome, a bunch of BBC, SBF and even hemi power, my fave car out there running was a buick t-type regal with a giant blow off valve and turbo, sounded sexy. They even had one open wheel car that ran a 4.38. :eek:

Next weekend though theyre having a street car test and tune,/ run whatcha brung type kind of deal so i'm gonna get a few passes then. Should be awesome.

I'll definitely post vids when this goes down. :)

OP
OP
F

FIVELITERS

Reaction score
Also, i didnt get to take any vids or pics but heres a few vids from youtube showing where i was yesterday.

Its a pretty sexy little track, AWESOME track prep and great officials and staff there. Very organized, i heard the only better track is ennis in the DFW area.

Click me!

Click me!

Click me!

O0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online