words of guidance?

bigjohnson4.6gt

Reaction score
so im getting my eibach pro kit tomorrow and im going to install them saturday, anyone got some words of wisedom/tricks of the trade for me?

OP
OP
B

bigjohnson4.6gt

Reaction score
i got the directions off of mustangworld.com and they seem to be pretty straight forward and everything, ^thats why i will be wearing safety glasses.....duh :hammer:

4point6GT

Reaction score
lol u doin it urself, be careful.........u can always flip ur quads like I did while ur in there, if ur gettin 315s in the future that is. I cant wait to slap mine on in a couple weeks.

Red96GT

Legend
Reaction score
bigjohnson4.6gt said:
i got the directions off of mustangworld.com and they seem to be pretty straight forward and everything, ^thats why i will be wearing safety glasses.....duh :hammer:

Those safety glasses aren't gonna help much from an 8 pound spring hitting you at 100 mph.

Oh, and I remember someone saying mustangworld did it the hard way. Something about unbolting the bottom of the shock instead of at the top. :dunno:

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
is mustangworld the site that said to just get in there, unbolt the shock and rip the springs out of the car??

i read somewhere that they said just get in there and rip them out.. that may be a good plan if your planning on killing yourself.

and red said it right, safety goggles are going to do crap if that springs SPRINGS out of the car.. it very well might kill you.

do it the safe way and go rent a spring compressor from autozone. even then, be careful. my dad did my springs because he didn't want me doing them and he stood to the side as the spring got more and more compressed.

#1 word of advice, be careful and do it the right way with a spring compressor.

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
you dont need spring compressor, all you need to do is not be a noob when lowering the jack.do it slowly....and unbolt the strut from the spindle, its two bolts, but its alot easier than doing it from the top....

OP
OP
B

bigjohnson4.6gt

Reaction score
thanks guys, i was just joking about the goggles, hopefully i wont run into any problems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online