Working with the factory alarm

B.mad

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
I just bought a 94 GT and it came with the factory alarm. From what the previous owner said it still works but he disconnected the siren because it kept going off. The reason why it kept going off is because the remote fob stopped working. Everything is still connected and in tact. My question is if i want to get the alarm working do i need to install a new alarm? or can i just program a remote and swap out the brain? What can i do?

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
well a 94's alarm didn't have a siren so it might have been installed by a dealer but its not stock. Beyond that if it were installed properly disconnecting the siren would only stop one portion it would not keep the lights from flashing or the alarm being active. We need to figure out what kind it is. Stick your head up under the dash and follow the wiring to the alarm main unit and read the brand. Good chance its hidden in the drivers kick panel.

OP
OP
B

B.mad

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
well the owner said it was a factory alarm. The lights do not flash anymore, but the LED light still does, and if i want to start the car i need to press the valet button. Ill just have to stick my head in there. I have a crime stopper alarm just sitting in my garage. Might just get a shop to install that for me

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Most people don't know that ford did not offer an alarm with the 94/95 gt models and think that because it might have been installed at a dealer that it is a stock alarm. In reality it could be any brand that any hack threw in there since he was the cheapest bidder to sell/install them for the dealer. They had a keyless entry but if there is an alarm with an led then its aftermarket.

be prepaired to shell out $100-200 to have a shop install an alarm you bring them and that also means if you have any equipment issues later that they will not be able to do much more then tell you what is wrong. You would have to pay for the replacement gear if it went bad as there is no warranty on gear they didn't sell you.

Once you find the brand/model normally it is easy to program them as long as its a matching model although it sounds like you will need to connect a wire or two back together. The siren wire was probably cut under the hood. Find it and trace the wires back and reconnect them with either some crimp connections or better yet solder/insulate them. Don't cheap out with just tape and twist wires as under the hood it will not last long. For the parking lights not working it could be a blown fuse or a disconnected wire. The parking light wires on most alarms are white so see if you can find a white wire and trace it to find the disconnected area or the fuse. It will probably be running up into the headlight switch, connected to a brown wire there but could be down in the kick panel as well.

OP
OP
B

B.mad

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Hmmmm. Ok.
The siren was cut i can see the wire under the hood. As far as the parking lights not working i think its because my parking lights dont work. I flip the "fog light" switch and they dont turn on. so might be blown fuse or worn out light bulbs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
well the fog light switch turns on/off the fog lights but only when the headlights(and not the brights) are on. It has nothing to do with the parking lights which is turned on by pulling the headlight knob out one click, two clicks the headlights should be on...

So when you turn your headlights on, the parking lights do not come on? What else is not working in the vehicle ?

OP
OP
B

B.mad

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Hmmm i must of confused the 2 then. In my 72 the parking lights and "fog lights" is the same thing. The parking lights/blinkers i am assuming are on the outside of the headlight housing thing? if so then they are working properly. And do answer your question the parking lights do work fine, its the fog lights that are not working. However the parking lights do not flash on and off when the alarm gets triggered.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
the parking lights is basically your turn signals but they are not as bright nor flashing, correct they are outside of the headlights.

OP
OP
B

B.mad

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ya those work fine. its the fog lights that arent working. I am debating whether an alarm is really necessary. whats your opinion on it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online

No members online now.