Worried about someone stealing your Mustang/Cobra?

OpenRoadRacer

Reaction score
Not sure if anyone has posted this before, so here goes…

I don’t know about you folks, but I worry about someone stealing my Cobra whenever I park it somewhere other than my garage.

So in addition to the alarm and as an additional deterrent, I hooked up a toggle switch under the passenger side of the dash that manually turns off the fuel pump. It cost me less than 15 bux (switch, wire and butt connecters) and took less than an hour to install. I figure…. No fuel, no go.

I simply identified and cut the hot wire (located between the tank and the bumper cover) leading to the pump and ran two leads under the car and ran them up through the shifter boot.

Of coarse this doesn’t work if they back up a tow truck and haul it off….. but every little bit helps.

I’ll take and post up some pics if anyone is interested.

ryclef331

Reaction score
You cut the hot wire directly OFF the pump? How many amps is the switch you installed rated too? Ideally, you should have found the RELAY for the pump, and installed a switch on the signal wire for that.

OP
OP
O

OpenRoadRacer

Reaction score
i spliced into the the hot wire where it plugs up back by the rear bumper. i'm not sure what the amperage is for the switch though. but i have showed this to a couple ford techs at a few get togethers here and they gave it their approval.

like i said, i'll post up some pics later this evening when i get home.

eliyarbrough

Legend
Reaction score
I had a Ravelco Anti-Theft Device installed. You just pull the plug and my car becomes useless!! The battery will come on and that's it! That is by far my car's best add-on!!!!

The Green GT

Reaction score
I heard of someone actually doing something like this, but it ran throught the cigg lighter. So the lighter had to be IN the plug for the car to work. lol

OP
OP
O

OpenRoadRacer

Reaction score
wickedcobra said:
yeah, show some pics.
where i spliced into the wire
IMG_0948.jpg

switch location
IMG_0953.jpg

IMG_0951.jpg

phil_the_thrill

Reaction score
i wanna do something like that. what wire were you suggesting ryclef? what color wire and where can i find etc etc. thanks for the help

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwacaser

Members online