Worth it? idk.. need answers to see if im just going too far lol

1bad9d5

Reaction score
Ok, so my turbo 95 gt has stock heads and stock intake on it... I was looking to upgrade those in 2 months... would buying an entire Trickflow top end kit just be way too much for a car putting out in the 460rwhp range.. I know everybody has different opinions and thoughts on when the motor would give out in the first place, but if im getting those numbers with 10-12#s of boost, would it be worth putting an entire top end kit on and getting 520-550rwhp on 8-10#s? or should I just get some heads and an intake and not worry about the other stuff??

I think the link to it is:
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/tfs-k514-360350b/overview/

pretty pricey too... but im not a genius to this stuff so if there is maybe another link or other products that are better idk.. so that's why im coming to you guys... lemme know what you think...

thanks

whiplash473

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not very well versed on turbo setups but if you're gonna get TFS heads and intakes then you might as well go with the whole kit.

OP
OP
1bad9d5

1bad9d5

Reaction score
I'm not very well versed on turbo setups but if you're gonna get TFS heads and intakes then you might as well go with the whole kit.

well I was originally thinking about going with GT40x heads and an edlebrock intake off American muscle.. should I not get them from different companies? and are the TFH and intake cheaper than those? all things I don't know lol

whiplash473

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Didn't you make a thread about this last week, or was that someone else?

For the extra money I'd simply go with the TFS heads/intakes (assuming you're getting upper and lower) over the gt40x/edelbrock setup. Kinda like if the gt40/edelbrock would be graduating high school, the TFS heads/intakes would be graduating college. I'm not sure of a better analogy at the moment.

OP
OP
1bad9d5

1bad9d5

Reaction score
i think i saw that thread.. it wasn't me though.. and it didn't help for me since i have the turbo setup currently so benefits or doesn't benefit me in different ways ya know? ok so pretty much the TF setup is all in all better than going GT40/edlebrock when it comes down to it? buying brand new TFH with upper/lower intake would run me what? 1600?-1800? 2000? any clue cause if it is that much i might just get the rest of it.. wont hurt the motor, just don't know if its worth getting all that N/A power and then retune with the turbo..

whiplash473

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
The heads are $1300 and the intakes are $600 (that's if I remember correctly.) I mightbe missing something but why don't you get the heads/intakes and keep your turbo and tune it all at once?

OP
OP
1bad9d5

1bad9d5

Reaction score
well the turbo isn't going anywhere if that's what you mean... yea i just got smart enough to click on each one on the link in my op.. 600 for each head and total 600 for the intake (up/low) so 1800.. or get the whole kit for an extra 1000... i guess well see how my tax money looks like than haha also, i wont be installing heads, tuning than intake, tuning, im looking to add all of this to my car at once and than getting the car tuned with it all there.. maybe im misunderstand that part, not sure

OP
OP
1bad9d5

1bad9d5

Reaction score
Omg it just screams ****ing horsepower lol!

LOL yea man, trying to get this whole part done no later than march MAYBE april... so when we meet up itll be all done and pretty and even faster haha... just don't know if the WHOLE kit is worth it...

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
LOL yea man, trying to get this whole part done no later than march MAYBE april... so when we meet up itll be all done
and pretty and even faster haha... just don't know if the WHOLE kit is worth it...

Lmao.. You'll be pushing atleast mid 500s to the wheels if your at like what 450 rwhp now? I like the trickflow top end kit. I plan on maybe doing it on mine, but not sure what I'm doing lol. The kit as a whole is worth it imo, great power and it comes with everything matched, pushrods, roller rockers, cam, upper & lower intake, heads.. Your gonna need lifters, SN95 throttlebody adapter and most likely the intake spacer.. Atleast thats what i figured out when I researched it.. Summit has the whole kit, it'll tell you whats not included

hondarocks61

Reaction score
your already pushing it. Why not just start saving up for a built engine so you can make some big power? What advantage will running less boost really give you in your situation?

rz5.0

Legend
Reaction score
I would not get the whole kit.. stock cam would work better with the turbo than the tfs cam. Or you can sell the cam..

OP
OP
1bad9d5

1bad9d5

Reaction score
Lmao.. You'll be pushing atleast mid 500s to the wheels if your at like what 450 rwhp now? I like the trickflow top end kit. I plan on maybe doing it on mine, but not sure what I'm doing lol. The kit as a whole is worth it imo, great power and it comes with everything matched, pushrods, roller rockers, cam, upper & lower intake, heads.. Your gonna need lifters, SN95 throttlebody adapter and most likely the intake spacer.. Atleast thats what i figured out when I researched it.. Summit has the whole kit, it'll tell you whats not included

yea im right around 460... why would I need a TB adapter? and the intake spacer would definitely be nice to have as well.. I love the guy who does my tuning I trust him to the fullest, from 460 to 540-550 to the wheels.. I don't beat on my car literally ever.. it would be really nice

your already pushing it. Why not just start saving up for a built engine so you can make some big power? What advantage will running less boost really give you in your situation?

like I said to 5.ohh... I don't beat on it, itll see a track once maybe twice this year and itll go on 1 trip to texas in October... I know my tuner will be able to give it 540-550rwhp in the tune to last.. itll last me 2 years.. and ill have more than enough money by than to save for a built motor... but even so, the most I really want it 600rwhp if I get a built motor I guess its smart 600rwhp wont really be hurting it, but I don't wanna go thru a whole other build with another motor probably for 2 years

OP
OP
1bad9d5

1bad9d5

Reaction score
I would not get the whole kit.. stock cam would work better with the turbo than the tfs cam. Or you can sell the cam..

is the cam the only reason not to get it? if so I can always sell it and keep everything else so I don't have to buy most of the stuff separately

rz5.0

Legend
Reaction score
I'd do it. Don't be scared. It's only a 5.0.. I would piece it together tho. You can always get the tfs intake from 350+ used..

rz5.0

Legend
Reaction score
If your smart shopping you can piece it cheaper. But if you want the convenience of a kit already put together get the kit..

Win

Legend
Reaction score
I would also piece a kit together also. It's always cheaper b/c you can find better deals on them!

OP
OP
1bad9d5

1bad9d5

Reaction score
thanks for the help guys, ill definitely look into it than.. got time before I make a move on anything

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
You'll need the tb adapter since the trickflow intakes and many other intakes are made without an elbow like stock 94-95 5.0 intakes have. So since there's no elbow you could switch to a foxbody throttlebody setup, or just buy the adapter (elbow) and use that

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81

Members online