Worth it to buy Bama tuner?

Reaction score
I'm new to Mustangs, is the Bama tuner worth buying from American Muscle?Does it make a difference in power?Right now I have a CAI and full exhaust otherwise stock.In the near future I will do a full PI head swap maybe cams but that's it.Whatch you think?

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I got a bama chip after my hci swap and it ran so rich my eyes were burning. Took it to the dyno...

Sinned83

Reaction score
Get a sct tuner from VMP. They have a better rep than AM

RICE ETR

Reaction score
I started a similar thread about two months ago, general consensus around here is, no it's not worth it.

OP
OP
tchmotorsports
Reaction score
Damn,I'm glad I asked.Sounds like a waste...I'll just wait until after the pi swap then get a Dino tune.Thanks for the replys.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
there are people here that do tunes I would talk too before I did bama for sure. [MENTION=8201]Addermk2[/MENTION]

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
honestly though with what you have the gains would be minimal. You would be better off waiting as if you do more down the road you will need to retune it then anyway. Save the $$$ and pay for it later when you NEED it.

nightfire

Reaction score
honestly though with what you have the gains would be minimal. You would be better off waiting as if you do more down the road you will need to retune it then anyway. Save the $$$ and pay for it later when you NEED it.

He'll need a tuner no matter what he has or will do in the future. A dyno tuner will use your SCT to tune the car. That aside, he will get some power from a tue even with a CAI and full exhaust. I say go for it.

Can Justin write a good tune for a 94-95 OBD1? I will be doing the HCI eventually

To tell you the truth, I have no idea how well he knows the pushrod 5.0's. I tell you what, Justin doesn't know me personally but I've sent him numerous emails through VMP's contact info. Justin is the ONLY who responded to me and he responds with explanations, not just 1-liners. Email him!

Gotz

Reaction score
Honestly, the only thing I noticed from the tuner is the gas mileage. On the 87 street tune, I get 26+ on the highway. 91/93 race tune I honestly don't feel much extra on the butt dyno. Gotta track it again this year to see.

Just bought the tuner mainly because my car rev'd too high between shifts at WOT, it would fall on it's face since the npi's don't breathe at high rpms. So I'll probably get slightly better 1/4's.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Staff online

Members online