worth it

Suspect

Reaction score
a friend has a 351w and told me i can get it for 50 buxs. im pretty sure its a non roller. how much to get a roller cam in it? should i get it?

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
You can make it a roller with a kit for around 400 i believe, but it will be a small base circle cam not a standard 302/351w roller cam. I believe there are less choices for small base cams, but it you went w/ a custom cam i dont think a small base cam would cost any more than a regular cam but i maybe wrong. I havent ever looked into it.

OP
OP
Suspect

Suspect

Reaction score
its just a block and hes a chevy guy. doubt anything is wrong with it. but im sure for 400 i could find the right block and not even have to mess with all that.

Eastcoast5.0

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure if it's a non roller block, you don't want it. There are provisions in the block for a roller setup.

My buddy is goin through this right now with his 93L. Some are roller ready and others arn't.

Rantheman

Reaction score
I would say look the block over your self then have a machine shop check the bore straightness and crank journals and rod straightness if all check out 50 bucks is good and doesn't cost very much to have a block looked over

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online

No members online now.