worth while 4v mods?

1997GT4.6

Reaction score
You will be surprised that the mach 1 responds very well to bolt ons. A CAI, o/r x/h, cat back, and a tune will land you at 300rwhp or a few more give or take. I have a b headed 4v motor, sn95 cobra, and I wish I had a mach 1 or 01 cobra to have c heads and a better intake like the mach and 01 cobra. My friend has a mach with CAI, o/r x, mufflers, pulleys, and P&P heads that makes 330-350. Can't remember the exact # but its around that. A mach one with bolt ons is a twelve second car. you lucky sob! Some steeper gears and you will be well into the twelves. That's what I have witnessed and experienced.

ps i'm so jelly I love azur blue :) there's a torch red mach here in mint condition all stock with 98k miles for $8500. Me wants! But don't know if its worth giving up my 64k mile cobra lol.

OP
OP
mygreengt

mygreengt

Legend
Reaction score
You will be surprised that the mach 1 responds very well to bolt ons. A CAI, o/r x/h, cat back, and a tune will land you at 300rwhp or a few more give or take. I have a b headed 4v motor, sn95 cobra, and I wish I had a mach 1 or 01 cobra to have c heads and a better intake like the mach and 01 cobra. My friend has a mach with CAI, o/r x, mufflers, pulleys, and P&P heads that makes 330-350. Can't remember the exact # but its around that. A mach one with bolt ons is a twelve second car. you lucky sob! Some steeper gears and you will be well into the twelves. That's what I have witnessed and experienced.

ps i'm so jelly I love azur blue :) there's a torch red mach here in mint condition all stock with 98k miles for $8500. Me wants! But don't know if its worth giving up my 64k mile cobra lol.
when you say tune. you mean custom dyno tune, or a canned tune? ive got an o/r x and a catback. so with a tune. cai, and some exhaust, ill be at or close to 300?

miss2slocoupe

Reaction score
i just read on M1R yesterday that a guy got 1rwtq out of an intake spacer. lol

well then never mind LOL i just read it on alot of websites... my car had 4:10 gears, x-pipe with SLP lm1's, short throw shifter and cold air and mine dynoed at 298 and yes i know the 4:10 gears and short have nothing to do with that but i HIGHLY suggest 4:10 for your car

1997GT4.6

Reaction score
when you say tune. you mean custom dyno tune, or a canned tune? ive got an o/r x and a catback. so with a tune. cai, and some exhaust, ill be at or close to 300?

Yeah I meant custom dyno tune. But I think it can actually be done with a canned tune. But for the money you will spend on the tuner might as well do a dyno tune. Only thing is if you plan to do more to it than don't do the dyno tune just yet.

Yes with the cai and exhaust you will be close to 300. Might even be at it. The mach 1 and 01 Cobra's make more power from bolt ons than do the early 4V motors. My car with cai, exhaust would around 275 lol.

miss2slo...: she's telling the truth. Those few mods and that mach of yours will make 300rwhp give or take say 5rwhp.

If you were to find a set of 96-98 Cobra intake cams you will gain a solid amount of power by swapping your intake cams out for said cams. If you can do it in your garage that's some great power 20-30rwhp (last I recall), for cheap.

AlbinoGorilla

Reaction score
my c-head motor made 305 with full exhaust, cai, pullies, and custom dyno tune...i just got short runner intake though so hope fully i can make around 320 now with a new tune. You should really consider the 96-98 intake cam swap...if degreed correctly it is an easy 20-30 more hp.

miss2slocoupe

Reaction score
well hell my mach1 wasnt even tuned. i put it on a dyno to see what numbers it would make but never had the money to tune it. i bet if i would have it woulda put out a few more numbers

AlbinoGorilla

Reaction score
yea...my tuner said i maxxed out my injectors and to get 30's and come see him again...i was like wtf i maxxed out stock injectors on a stock car? Im not too worried about #'s though. Dyno's are awesome for pissing matches but the track is where it really counts.

Steven

Legend
Reaction score
Doing a C swap myself. You can do cams and what not in those along with the short runners and they'll knock down good numbers. I'm looking for 350ish. I'm running Midlengths, 98 cams degreed, 04 intake, etc.

Steven

Legend
Reaction score
Mostly duration. Adjusting the centerline of both the exhaust and intake is where you get the most power.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online