worth while 4v mods?

Steven

Legend
Reaction score
what he said....you using 9 thread heads im hoping?

Planning on it. Already have an eaton swap lined up for the future. Friend's going turbo, I have the turbo and intake/TC/etc all the stuff he wants when it comes times. I really want to do blower cams, but that's a chunk of change. Regardless, the last set of C heads I bought managed to get broken so I'm on the hunt again.

AlbinoGorilla

Reaction score
Planning on it. Already have an eaton swap lined up for the future. Friend's going turbo, I have the turbo and intake/TC/etc all the stuff he wants when it comes times. I really want to do blower cams, but that's a chunk of change. Regardless, the last set of C heads I bought managed to get broken so I'm on the hunt again.

Damn that sucks man. well best of luck to ya..lets not hijack his thread. lol

Rice_slayer

Reaction score
Previous owner of mine "apparently" had it dyno'd at 298rwhp with C&L CAI, BBK longtubes, 4.10s, and some hacked attempt at an exhaust. I don't have said tune and it's running on the factory tune atm. I'm replacing his half-assed exhaust, and getting it properly tuned in April with an SCT tuner with a custom dyno tune. My buddies Mach 1 with K&N RAI, SCT tune, O/R x and weld in flows ran a best of 12.9@106mph on ET street radials. My car is suffering from a lack of a tune right now sadly lol.

Mystic SVT

Reaction score
For mach1:
-longtubes, free flowing midpipe and catback
-96-98 cobra intake cams
-4.10s
-JLT intake
-10" shortrunner intake

Want more powaaa??
-Comp Cams 106100s

95gtdrop

Reaction score
What do you guys think of throwing a 62mm throttle body on my 97 with
C&L cai,sct tuned? Would pullies be a better bet?

AlbinoGorilla

Reaction score
From what i hear throttle bodies do absolutely nothing these cars stock...i have heard of a very reputable source on SVTP saying he could tell a difference in mid range with an accufab single blade oval Throttle body. I run steeda UDP and haven't had a problem. I think the March set up is better from hear say though.

Marvin97

Reaction score
With a jlt cai, longtubes, catless x-pipe and slp lm2's mine put down 300rwhp and 296tq. And its currently running rich, I believe I could pick up a few more hp with a retune but its running good for a change so im happy

vermilion

Legend
Reaction score
look on Corral or svtp for NA SVT. he can modify your current intake and youd make decent power up top. adding a spacer will help with that combo.

330CubeGt

Reaction score
Buddy of mine put down 308 on VMP's Dyno a few years back with a 03 Mach with Bassani Mid lengths, x Pipe and Cat back with SCT Hand held and CAI...

Gallows

Reaction score
I dropped a 03 Aviator engine in my Cobra last summer. I used 24 pound injectors, FR500 intake ported and polished by na_svt, ARH longtubes & "X" pipe and Magnaflow catback without tails. I was pleased with the numbers and in the future plan on Cobra R pulleys and custom cams.

stephens.png

1997GT4.6

Reaction score
mystic has the mods listed up there best for machs. definitely should make over 300whp. geared and bolt on machs are no joke. march fluid damper is the best, and yes machs were a tad underrated. they definitely can scoot with some do it yourself mods. the intake cams from 96-98 cobras degreed to 108/110 will net a good seat of the pants gain of 10-18rwhp

beast car you got man

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwacaser

Members online