Would a stock 96-97 cobra hpipe fit a 97 gt?

ALITL8

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jan 31, 2006
Messages
1,453
Reaction score
0
Matt94GT said:
I would think so, but why a stock cobra pipe anyways?

i was going to ask that too. if youre looking for a stock h-pipe (maybe for cutting out cats) go to the local wrecking yard... bet theres a wrecked GT. you can probably get one for around 30-50 bucks.
 

Twista

Legend
Joined
Mar 7, 2006
Messages
6,042
Reaction score
76
Matt94GT said:
I would think so, but why a stock cobra pipe anyways?

95 gt with stock hpipe and aftermarket cb sounds different from stock

01 gt with stock hpipe and aftermarket cb sounds alot different

03 cobra with stockhpipe and aftermarket cb sounds way different

97 gt with stock hpipe and aftermarket cb sounds a tiny bit different :eek:utofcloset:

I cant get a hpipe from 95 gt since it wont fit most likly and i sure dont want one from another 96-98 gt.

Theres nothing i heard from a 96-98 gt with a stock hpipe that i like compared to the 01+ gt or 95 gt down with stock hpipe. Even the 97 cobra with a mac catback and stock hpipe sounds mean. ( iknow its not a 2v) I could get a cobra pipe for cheap and ill be eliminating 2 restricting POS on my hpipe. I can wait for a catted midpipe which is going to cost some $$$$ and i cant do o/r, so the only thing left is a stock cobra pipe if itll work. I got a buddy that put the mac catback on my car and alittle after that he got his mac catback for his 03 cobra and it sounds like a totally different beast even with his stock hpipe. My friends 01 gt sounds like a diffrent beast with a flowmaster catback, but why doesnt my 97 gt with a different catback :lame: :lame:
 

ALITL8

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jan 31, 2006
Messages
1,453
Reaction score
0
you heard mine, right? stock 96-98 h-pipe with the cats removed and pipe welding in with factory cat-back and weld in Flowmaster 40's. it doesnt sound like a cobra because its not a 4V motor... they sound better by nature. im more than pleased with the sound of my car and know a lot of guys with more expensive set ups that dont sound any better. btw, when i put my P&Ped throttle body on, the sound got a little better too ;)
 

M1ke

New Member
Joined
Apr 26, 2006
Messages
24
Reaction score
0
it might fit. i asked tim at MPH and he told me this vrs would. i was about to get a vrs x pipe off a 96 cobra for my 96 gt so it might. the only thing is, is that the stock pipe has all the cats and idk if they will fit up right but im pretty sure it should. i mean if not just remove em and do what ALITL8 did
 

Twista

Legend
Joined
Mar 7, 2006
Messages
6,042
Reaction score
76
ALITL8 said:
you heard mine, right? stock 96-98 h-pipe with the cats removed and pipe welding in with factory cat-back and weld in Flowmaster 40's. it doesnt sound like a cobra because its not a 4V motor... they sound better by nature. im more than pleased with the sound of my car and know a lot of guys with more expensive set ups that dont sound any better. btw, when i put my P&Ped throttle body on, the sound got a little better too ;)

Well, i need all my cats and my stock hpipe for emissions. If the catted midpipe doesnt pass the emission test i can fall back on the stock hpipe. I cant remove all my cats on the stock one :'(

Hopefully ;] a cobra one would fit.
 

281powered

Member
Joined
Apr 11, 2006
Messages
231
Reaction score
0
well my bassani catted x pipe came of a 01 cobra, everything fit perfect except the drivers side flange where it bolts up to the factory manifold didn't line up very good which created a small leak. so the shop just cut it off and welded in a custom pieace and that was that. hope this helps ya out. O and by the way my gt sounds awsome with my combo, i'm always being asked by other mustangers what i have for exhaust ;D
 

ALITL8

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jan 31, 2006
Messages
1,453
Reaction score
0
281powered said:
well my bassani catted x pipe came of a 01 cobra, everything fit perfect except the drivers side flange where it bolts up to the factory manifold didn't line up very good which created a small leak. so the shop just cut it off and welded in a custom pieace and that was that. hope this helps ya out. O and by the way my gt sounds awsome with my combo, i'm always being asked by other mustangers what i have for exhaust ;D

you know, now that i think about it, mine may have come off a 98 cobra. i had to do the same thing, my muffler guy had to cut off a flange and make a new one :dunno:

give it a shot!
 

98stalkercobra

New Member
Joined
May 2, 2006
Messages
18
Reaction score
0
my H-pipe on my 02GT came off my 98 cobra so i would see any diffrence in it at all!
 

ALITL8

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jan 31, 2006
Messages
1,453
Reaction score
0
98stalkercobra said:
my H-pipe on my 02GT came off my 98 cobra so i would see any diffrence in it at all!

hey looky there... this is the guy i got my h-pipe from ;D welcome to the board, 98stalkercobra!!

btw, the one i got from him came off a GT, talked to him earlier today about it.
 

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
75,004
Messages
1,454,379
Members
13,631
Latest member
ninman8

Members online

Top