Would anyone here be interested?

5litrarag

Reaction score
Im thinking of making a change in my garage lineup soon and going a different direction. And since the Cobra is lowest on the hierarchy that means it would have to go. However, it currently has the Rotrex blower setup that was designed and built by our former member Trubble and w/o a CARB number or much notoriety anywhere, it's got a VERY limited market. So, I'd more than likely be pulling it off and selling it separate. Would anyone here be interested? I never got dyno numbers on it, but I tuned it myself with a PMS tuner and ran it on the street and track for a couple years without any issues. Based on trap speeds the setup was making probably 350 rwhp. I never used a wideband so I know there was plenty more potential in there. So, I dont want to bother you guys too much longer, but I'd like your opinions on the level of interest.... the setup would most likely be sold complete, with all brackets, fluid cooler, MAF, injectors, tubing ect and fits 94-95 cars either GT or Cobra. With some modifications I'd probably fit a fox car too.

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
Depends on the price

* Sent from tapatalk while sitting on the toilet at work*

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I was excited to see how these blower kits were gonna turn out before he passed away, the head unit has potential.

OP
OP

5litrarag

Reaction score
I was excited to see how these blower kits were gonna turn out before he passed away, the head unit has potential.

Yeah After I got it going and tuned, I did some math and I think the power would go way up if it had a 90mm pulley... I planned to do the swap, but I just never got the time. I bet it'd make 390-400 rwhp and would really ramp up quick for some good torque.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I was doing research on these blowers after Tad mentioned making 4.6 kits after he was done with the 5.0s. They made really good power down low like a roots and still had the top end like traditional centri blowers for a best of both worlds. If I had a 5.0 I would consider buying this just because its unique.

OP
OP

5litrarag

Reaction score
I was doing research on these blowers after Tad mentioned making 4.6 kits after he was done with the 5.0s. They made really good power down low like a roots and still had the top end like traditional centri blowers for a best of both worlds. If I had a 5.0 I would consider buying this just because its unique.

Yeah its pretty cool when I cruise into spots and people hear the whistle that isnt as loud as someone would expect and ask me if its a Vortech with the quieter gear option....haha it definetly grabs attention.
The tubing setup is kinda ugly and Tad and I talked about making some changes to it later, but sadly, that never happened either. Makes the car a lot of fun though. I'm gonna miss it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81

Members online