would anyone want to mount a newer caliper with a 14" rotor?

Notthenow

Reaction score
Ok, they also made a bracket for the GT500 brembo 4 pot and used the same 3/4" spacer.

07GtS197

Reaction score
I was wrong about the cts v calipers, they can work though. What I was thinking about was the ats calipers. The only modifications needed are the mounting holes on the spindle need to be opened up to 14mm and slightly narrowed/closer together.

These bracket adaptors are for any s550 base brakes, not the 6 piston brembos. Unless Ford changed the design in ‘18 they should work.

Notthenow

Reaction score
I heard the ats were closer, but I think they are curved to work with a 13" rotor...

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Here is where I am at and today on this project and I think I discovered what my problem was. After it had cut for a while for some reason it started to cut deeper than it should all of a sudden and then after that it wanted to drive the bit straight down into the material. I could not figure out what the problem was as I had never had an issue like that before and got so frustrated I just gave up. Today I was doing a long 3d carve (4 hours) and did some cleaning and organizing of my tool box and discovered this 1/4" collet. This was actually new from the manf so I never looked at it closely but the end where it actually grabs the bit must not have been tight enough. The collet builds a little bit of heat the longer it runs because of the exhaust from it blowing over it and after it got hot it seems like the bit had just enough space to slowly move and with an up cut bit, it pulls the bit down/out and that is why it was cutting too deep. I had read of a few people finding that their bits were slipping and I started to suspect it when I found this. I have enough material to do one set, I will have to give it a try....
VRB4XoU.jpg

Booboo

Reaction score
Has anything happened with this? I would like to get a set of them.

I found these on the FTR website, it says they are out of stock. I have sent emails and left messages with no response.

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
what I discovered is that my machine just wasn't really stiff enough to pull off aluminum that thick or else I wasn't smart enough with it yet to figure out the speeds/feeds for it. Now blak's gear could cut it and if his gear can handle an svg/vector we might still be able to make it work. I had the design/size/shape and it was just the thickness I kept having issues with.

Notthenow

Reaction score
Don't forget you need a .75 wheel spacer with an extended hub. I couldn't find one anywhere, they all had standard hubs.

Booboo

Reaction score
Would you mind posting the dimensions. I might be able to have a local shop here cut it.

Their website does not mention a 3/4 spacer. It does for the GT500 Brembo kit but not this one.

Notthenow

Reaction score
Yes, you are correct, went back to their site to look again. Surprised they keep it up and running.

badass98svt

Reaction score
I have a complete ATS Brembo setup that I may sell. I have the install/bushing kit as well.

badass98svt

Reaction score
What do you want for it?

I'm really not sure. I'd have to look and see what I paid for everything. I'm mentioned to another member on here, but not sure if he wants it or not.
I'll check with him and then get back to you. PM me if you don't hear from me later today.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrowdKiller

Members online